Robert Plant new album "Carry Fire" on Nonesuch/Warner (10/13/2017)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Elliottmarx, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Every plant album i have on cd and to some extent LP have been pooely mastered and brickwalled. I dont think i will pre order this one. If it turns out that a miracle happens i will order it later. I wont hold my breath

2. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Went back and listened to his last album on vinyl yesterday, and it sounded decent, but not as good of a vinyl recording as I thought. Then right after that, for some reason I pulled out my vinyl of Shaken' N Stirred an album for some reason I like very much by him, and noticed how much better of a vinyl master this was over "Lullaby"...the new one is on Nonesuch as well, so I will be waiting for early reviews on the vinyl quality before I buy...

johnny q likes this.
  3. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

You mean it was a direct to disc recording? :confused:

4. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Simon, don't think so. It was mastered by Bob Ludwig and pressed at Pallas. I am going back and listening again this afternoon as I had just got done jamming my "More Nuggets" box and really was not really in the mood at the time for music that was more laid back in nature. I will update after a more focused listen.

I went back and saw I paid $34 from Amazon on street date, and there are still a few copies left for around $40, and then the inflated price happens, did not realize this was out of print now.

5. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

What did you think of Band Of Joy? I've got to pull that out as it's been a long time, but I seem to recall that record sounding okay.

6. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

As for "Lullaby" I went back and re-listened to the vinyl and honestly, sounds pretty good, noticeable improvement over the CD that was included, but I will say this is not one of the better Pallas pressings I have heard. It needed to open up and breathe a little more I would say.

Still have to buy Carry Fire on vinyl as he is my all time favorite rock singer and really like the first two previewed songs.

Band of Joy, really liked it when it came out, checked it out recently and it did not age very well. Still some good songs, but it drags at times...

johnny q and Revolver like this.
  7. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Robert's playing in Australia next Easter.
    [​IMG]

johnny q likes this.
  8. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

Just in....
    Robert Plant Talks New Solo LP, Looks Back on 2007 Led Zeppelin Gig

RS: Gene Simmons recently said that rock is dead. Do you agree?
    I haven't any idea of where rock begins and ends. Did it begin with Link Wray? Did it begin with Jackie Brenston's "Rocket 88"? Did it end with Black Flag? I think it's still here, it's just morphing. And long may it morph.

Words of wisdom.

9. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Hopefully, he’ll change his mind about writing a memoir someday.

John Rhett Thomas likes this.
  10. wdiv

wdiv Forum Resident

What's up with Mule being buried down on the 4th line?

Jerjo and Bonddm like this.
  11. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

They're not very popular in Australia.
    I saw them play a set at the same festival with about 300 others in 2014.
    At the same time, Michael Franti was playing another stage to a crowd of around 10,000!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    wdiv likes this.
  12. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Killer new track "Bluebirds Over The Mountain" with Chrissy Hynde:

13. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Lionel Richie and Robert Plant. Somehow I never thought I'd ever see those two on the same bill ... ;)

Clanceman, mrjinks, DiabloG and 3 others like this.
  14. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

In 1983, my coming of age as a music fan, Robert Plant hit the charts with "Big Log" in the summer. Released around the same time, Lionel Richie's "All Night Long" was on its way to #1 while Plant's single would crest at #20. (I knew which I preferred!) Plant would get his revenge on the former Commodore the following year when his Honeydrippers single "Sea of Love" hit #3 in the last quarter of 1984, while Richie could only reach #8 with "Penny Lover." Those were the days of the fierce chart battles between Plant and Richie...and now they're sharing the same bill. :D

15. Arnold Grove

If they team up for some encores, then the concert-goers may be lucky to hear:

Whole Lotta Endless Love
    Dancing Days On The Ceiling
    All Night Flight Long

;)

16. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

17. Jerjo

Jerjo Forum Resident

A Plant/Ritchie team for an encore would be interesting if they chose to go with some old R&B or even a couple of tunes from the Honeydrippers EP.

DiabloG and superstar19 like this.
  18. 3 Times a Livin' Lovin' Lady.

Fullbug likes this.
  19. Arnold Grove

Nice one!

20. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Nice! I like that better than anything on the last album. I really like "Bones Of Saints" too, though I thought "The May Queen" was just so-so. I'm looking more and more forward to the album now.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    JasonA likes this.
  21. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

"Running With The Night Flight"
    "(Whole Lotta) Love Will Conquer All"
    :)

22. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

"Big Log Stuck on You"
    "Big Log All Night Long" ;)

johnny q likes this.
  23. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Not that I have been keeping up on his career, but I would never imagine Lionel Richie performing at something called "BluesFest."

Dave likes this.
  24. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Wow. This one is great.

25. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

"Brick Houses Of The Holy"?

mrjinks, Galactus2, johnny q and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.