Robert Plant Why did he age poorly?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ronm, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

[​IMG]

Raf likes this.
  2. MusicIsLove

MusicIsLove formerly CSNY~MusicIsLove

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yep, guaranteed Bruce has had some work. Like McCartney, I think he's had careful, well-done plastic surgery that's not overdone.

And then there's Barry Manilow...

[​IMG]

4. He looks like my mother in law

5. Coldacre

Coldacre Well-Known Member

what scintlating discussion. amazing thread! what an obsessed society we are when it comes to physical appearance and aging.

6. wayved

wayved Guest

we should just be thankful they are among the living.

tmtomh and zphage like this.
  7. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

I'm guessing lack of high school girl blood after the 70s.

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk HD

8. ronm

ronm audiofreak Thread Starter

True.My post was not to hurt.Just discussing possible reasons.It is the hair.Come to think of it I have never even seen a pic with it in a ponytail.

9. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

How cool is Robert Plant ? He's not afraid to look like Robert Plant in 2013 not 1972, and he's refused to take the cash grab that a Zeppelin tour would bring him, because that's not where he is musically these days.

So lets see:
    1. He's a musician that wants to look forward instead of looking back.
    2. Realizing that he's a musician not a model, he's comfortable with his looks.

I think we should give him a medal, not diss the guy.

tmtomh, rburly, zbir and 1 other person like this.
  10. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Well said

tmtomh likes this.
  11. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Hey folks, Wayne Newton here. I'm here in Las Vegas , and I just had to check in and mention that Robert Plant certainly looks old compared to me. You think so too ? Danke Shoen !

wayne_newton_galler_01.jpg

ronm, stackswim, Tiffani and 4 others like this.
  12. wayved

wayved Guest

Very funny

13. wayved

wayved Guest

And the fact that a whole bunch of people, women and men, are judging Robert Plants looks, is truly questionable. My daft and uninformed opinion.

14. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Count me as one that thinks he's doing just fine, and I think he looks better than the ones that have had all the work done.

Hey, with all the lifts and tucks being done, maybe ol' Pete ought to have written it as "hope I die before I *look* old..."

15. bward

bward Senior Member

I don't know. Paul's got money and it doesn't look like he has spent much of it on plastic surgery. He's got plenty of wrinkles. He looks 71 to me. Yes he dyes his hair. And it looks like Plant does too. Other than Page, I don't see any of these other old rockers, including Bruce, avoiding the hair color either. So,what?

16. He's about as masculine as a mother in law (Manilow).

17. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

Cigarettes obviouly aged plant's face and his vocal chords many years

Glad to see him not on the vanity train

When Page went grey, that was a refreshing look

tmtomh likes this.
  18. entropyfan

entropyfan Forum Resident

Plant looks like he should. Tyler looks like a rain forest trophy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. tweed_champ

tweed_champ Active Member

It should be a requirement for all you guys to post a picture of yourself while you're tearing down people like this. Surgery or no surgery, it's THEIR life and they're fine to do with it as they please. Bunch of you remind me of some tabloid obsessed mothers I used to work with. How about we go back to talking about music? :wtf:

tmtomh and zbir like this.
  20. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

I don't think he aged poorly. He just aged. He is a thin dude to begin with, and thin guys wrinkles show more.
    And again, he is old. He looks old. He looks like a man in his 60s should.
    I think the guy is quite genuine and just doesn't worry about getting candid photos taken and could care less if they are touched up.
    If anybody from Zep aged badly I would go with JP. I have seen pics of the guy that he had bags under his eyes that made it look as if he never sleeps.
    But again, he is old too. And old people look like old people, I don't care how rich or famous they are, outside of having some doctor cut the top of their head off and pull the skin up tight to make the wrinkles go away, or whatever the hell they do when they tighten up peoples facial drum heads.
    I know guys in their early 50s that make Mr Plant look like a cold cream commercial.

tmtomh likes this.
  21. dat56

dat56 Well-Known Member

I think Plant looks OK for his age and mileage. On the other hand, The Boss looks freakin' fantastic! Work or no work, who cares? Whatever he's done, he needs to keep on doin' it.

FWIW, I also don't really feel the hate or cattiness in this thread that some seem to. The performers put themselves out there for public scrutiny. No reason to be nasty, true, but I just don't sense that in this thread. Besides, we're just talking about their public personna. Everybody knows beauty is only skin deep anyway.

tmtomh likes this.
  22. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

I don't know what options Percy/Robert has. I remember Victoria Principal had an infomercial where she's riding around in a truck "surprising" customers of some face thing she was selling. Maybe she can kidnap him or something...

23. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

I didn't realize he hadn't? Coming from someone who was fortunate enough to just see him close up and in person a couple of months ago, he looked pretty good to me for a man his age.

24. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

Not as easily as I can guess which one was smarter.

MAYBEIMAMAZED likes this.
  25. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

I don't think these guys have a clue. Plant hates the image of heavy metal singer and tries hard as hell to become a roots/folk singer these days hence the Braveheart/King Arthur look. And he did change his haircut quite a few times - it was a friggin' mullet in the 80's for Thor's sake!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.