Roger Waters 'Us + Them' Tour 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ponkine, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stingraex2000

stingraex2000 Forum Resident

For me, and the people I went with agreed, the New Songs were highlights. "Picture That" was Classic Rog/Floyd.
    I thought Roger more than held his own and was just great.
    There is only one bathroom break at this show and that was only during the intermission. The people that got up and walked
    during the new numbers missed out!

Zeki, Cassius and pablorkcz like this.
  2. Tony-A

Tony-A Forum Resident

Well.....my expectation is the expectation of what a 70 plus year old performer is capable of. Can't go to the concert believing that I'm going to hear The Pink Floyd or the Roger Waters of 30 years ago.
    Like Jimi will state "your living in the past"

Peace,
    Tony

3. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

True, but I still expect to hear a live performance at a live event regardless of age.

LeeGriffin likes this.
  4. Tony-A

Tony-A Forum Resident

Point taken...I have seen him about 7 times since 2000 and haven't noticed this issue or I haven't paid attention.

Peace,
    Tony

Hot Ptah likes this.
  5. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

As posted by vamborules on this thread (post 454), here is an example of his lip syncing:

It may not deter from your enjoyment of the show, but hopefully you're not paying $500 per ticket or something, hoping to see him actually, you know, sing and play guitar.

keyXVII, kouzie, daca and 3 others like this.
  6. Tony-A

Tony-A Forum Resident

:unhunh: not US$500...way out of my budget.

Peace.
    Tony

7. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Yeah, he missed the opening vocal after the guitar solo. Sort of like Daltrey turning his back to the audience during the WGFA scream as the tape of his screaming plays. Curious, does Waters allow Israelis at his shows? Enough with this political crap.

8. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I'll pay $500 to see Waters when he comes back from playing Gaza City.

9. dudley07726

I wonder if he'll play a free concert there? I don't think he has the gonads.

10. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Why - did you hear something from a friend of a friend? Sounds like this urban legend...

Ordered Away

11. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Roger was phenomenal last night in Vegas. For those who grouse, get off your ass and go see him.

Hot Ptah, stingraex2000 and Tony-A like this.
  12. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

I really hope he keeps the five new songs in the setlist when hits NY in September

Terry likes this.
  13. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

I'm curious too. I have it for tomorrow and haven't heard about anything other than parking. I assume you don't get any of the swag at the show?

14. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Roger Waters Us+Them VIP Kit | eBay ...

PsychedelicMike likes this.
  15. Lmvg

Lmvg Senior Member

Well i bought (2) tickets in the very front section of the Verizon Center in Washington DC on August 5th. This will be our 3rd time seeing him in concert and let me tell you that i have never been disappointed in any of his shows. I actually think that his political views give the shows a true meaning. These are the best concerts that one can attend period.

Zeki likes this.
  16. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

Thanks. I didn't see that yesterday when I looked. I notice it doesn't show the lithographs though. Are those out in the wild yet?

PsychedelicMike likes this.
  17. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

What time have the shows been ending?

18. CirculationUnderflow

CirculationUnderflow Well-Known Member

not really directed at waters

but it really sucks that youre not getting live, at a concert but rather altered and pre recorded stuff. Thats about as live as me putting it on my dvd player and watching it. I guess I didnt realize thats what they are doing

also read somewhere, no matter how they sing it, it goes through some tuner and matches it all up before the audience hears it.

LIVE OR MEMOREX one or the other

19. Lmvg

Lmvg Senior Member

The least of my worries is when the show ends as i always wish they were longer.

Hot Ptah likes this.
  20. Lmvg

Lmvg Senior Member

I paid $250.00 for each ticket in the very front section row V at Verizon in Washington DC and if i cannot make it for some reason i can probably double my money.

21. dudley07726

You must be directing it at Waters because you're stating your comment in this thread and with the above video clip showing his vocal when he's nowhere near the mic, it's totally warranted. Not everyone is doing it. McCartney doesn't use pre recorded vocals except when forced like on the Super Bowl for production reasons.

22. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Wasn't this from the dress rehearsal. Is this happening at all the other shows as well

23. Cassius

Cassius On The Beach

24. fluff4u

fluff4u Forum Resident

What songs are people say he is lip syncing? I know he isn't lip syncing the entire concert.

25. Mike Rivera

Mike Rivera Senior Member

Sacramento started about 8:00 and ended about 11:00 (with a 20 min. Intermission).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.