Roger Waters 'Us + Them' Tour 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ponkine, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Much obliged. I figured as much. Can't say I'm too fussed about Ashcroft or Seasick Steve (and seeing Squeeze wouldn't be worth sitting through them either), so might wait until it cools down before heading over.

Oh, found this elsewhere, looks like we can see Squeeze after all!

[​IMG]

2. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

Damn! My missus wants to see Squeeze but they are on the other stage only 50 mins before Rog comes on the main stage!

Sorry babe....

3. bob_32_116

bob_32_116 Forum Flaneur

The solution to your problem is simple, but I'm not sure you want to hear it:
    Split up for the duration.

xfilian likes this.
  4. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

When the beach scene screen film turns red. Actual stage time, no idea.

5. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

Apologies if discussed already but, is there any talk of a DVD release of the current tour?

6. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

Yes, the recent four dates in Amsterdam were all filmed for an upcoming DVD release. No idea when that will happen though. There are strong suggestions that this tour will be back in the US next year for stadium dates so it could be a while.

7. PretzelLogic

Well that was jolly good. Had a nice time, and enjoyed the production.

Grumble: I don’t understand why Pink Floyd and their offshoots attract so many blokes with their t-shirts off who bellow their way through every song like it was ‘Three Lions’.

coffeetime and LivingForever like this.
  8. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

Well at least nobody in Liverpool had removed their top, so I should be grateful for small mercies... ;)

coffeetime and Deek57 like this.
  9. MortSahlFan

MortSahlFan Forum Resident

I saw Roger 3x... Dark Side tour twice, and The Wall.
    I'd HIGHLY recommend going! I would love to see David Gilmour, but the closest he came was Chicago.

10. bob_32_116

bob_32_116 Forum Flaneur

The Perth audience all kept their cardigans and blouses on, which was probably a good thing as i don't think it would have been a pretty sight.

11. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

Great show last night. Really enjoyed it. No shirts off round me. Some bellowing but that's fine.

Saw Squeeze Xfilian. Conveniently finished just before Waters started. Didn't bother with other acts.

Roger Waters Setlist at British Summer Time 2018

xfilian likes this.
  12. PretzelLogic

Arrived later than expected, so caught some of Squeeze - ‘Take Me I’m Yours’, ‘Tempted’, ‘Cool For Cats’ and ‘Black Coffee In Bed’ which is enough.

Interestingly, Deaf School are doing four sets today and four sets tomorrow at Hampton Court - not sure if Ian Richie will be with them (presumably not today as Rog is playing Birmingham tonight).

13. pinktree1

pinktree1 Forum Resident

Hyde Park

coffeetime and arthurprecarious like this.
  14. pinktree1

pinktree1 Forum Resident

Hyde Park

coffeetime and arthurprecarious like this.
  15. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Just enjoyed reliving Dogs again; the performance and the visuals really are top drawer, lovely to see it all working so well in the open air/daylight.

xfilian and arthurprecarious like this.
  16. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

I'm lucky to add to my fantastic Roger Waters experiences
    Pics from Hyde Park below

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

Excellent pics thanks for posting. I didn't take many cos I knew someone would do it better.

xfilian and raphph like this.
  18. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

Wow, great photos raphph. Went to Hyde Park on Friday and Birmingham yesterday. Both sublime shows helped by enthusiastic crowds at both. Not much more to add about this show to what I said before but I do love to hear the songs from ITTLWRW performed live. They fit into the show along the classic songs really well. Deja Vu in particular is a great song. Overall, a huge thumbs up.

19. Farthingscat

Farthingscat Forum Resident

Agree his performance and show at Birmingham was excellent, thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Gary

20. Pancat

Pancat Senior Member

Birmingham last night and one of the best concerts I’ve been to. The sound was the best I’ve experienced at any gig and the band played the Floyd classics with such passion and balls. A great night.

21. PretzelLogic

On the Friday, I felt a bit sorry for the poor girl in the group of kids who took off her hood waaaay too early, just as the camera beamed her confused face onto the jumbotron screens.

coffeetime likes this.
  22. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

Haha yes ! As Roger says they couldn’t rehearse first ! Was a funny moment !

23. EddieT

EddieT Forum Resident

Went to Hyde Park. Stunning show. Best sound at any show I have ever been to.

24. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

pablorkcz, Pancat and coffeetime like this.
  25. Tom Hinde

Tom Hinde Forum Resident

Curious to hear about the drunks in the UK - I went to the second Amsterdam night, (knowing it was almost all lip synched), and it during the songs, it was really, really quiet, even Roger pointed it out in his speech. Having said that, the only point where I was concerned about the safety of my ears was at the standing ovation at the end of the show, the applause was so loud. Amazing show, even with the lip synching.

coffeetime and rontoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.