Rolling Stone UK Remasters

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by musicfan37, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member Thread Starter

Are the only UK titles to be issued; "Between the Buttons", Out of Our Heads", and "Aftermath"? Also, where does "Metamorphosis" fit? Is that one a UK release? :confused:

2. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

Metamorphosis will be the U.K. version. It had 2 or 3 more songs than the U.S. version. I'm really looking forward to this title, there's some great stuff on there.

Joe

3. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Metamorphosis was originally released on both sides of the Atlantic in 1975. The UK version, which has two additional tracks not on the US album, is the one they're including in the new remasters.

And yep, those other three are the only other UK titles being reissued. I'm really disappointed they didn't decide to go ahead and include the UK version of Big Hits (IMO, a stronger compilation than the American one) while they were at it.

4. musicfan37

Were all the other ABKCO albums, song for song, the same in both the US and UK? If not, does anyone know why only "Between the Buttons", Out of Our Heads", "Aftermath" and "Metamorphosis" were chosen?

5. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Yes, there were other variations in the US and UK catalogues. A good overview of the band's '60s discography (including album variations on both sides of the Atlantic) can be found at
    http://www.therolling-stones.com/Discography/discog1.html.

As for why only the four aforementioned titles were chosen, your guess is as good as mine. I've been entertaining a theory that old man Klein put on a blindfold and tossed darts at a big chart on a wall.

6. musicfan37

Thanks Guy. I appreciate it.

7. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member

Well, re. album no 1, the configuration change is pretty small (Not Fade Away replacing Mona on the US album). So maybe they felt that there was no point....

...but what am I SAYING? What does Aftermath US have that UK doesn't? Hint: Paint It, Black, which is found on at least 3 discs in the new reissue series. That's it. And Between the Buttons...you'd honestly think by this point that Flowers would somehow be made obselete (i.e. UK buttons, bonus tracks on Aftermath, "My Girl" stuck on Metamorphosis or something) but nooooo!

My advice: don't try to figure this out.

-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.