Rolling Stones 1999 Virgin LP Replica CDs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Futurecity, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. About the same price as when I bought them in 94

2. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

FWIW, I have a sealed Sticky Fingers that I bought "used" at a store for $10 three years ago.

3. danielbravo

danielbravo Senior Member

The prices can vary. I can not say that "the whole complete package" average may be 10 to 20 dollars per cd ... a new and factory sealed copy of "Sticky Fingers" can cost between 40-70 dollars. Exile on the Main Street is very difficult to find in new and factory sealed condition, but used in good condition is in a range between 30-50 dollars... titles like Some Girls and Emotional Rescue can reach 30-40 dollars in good condition but no new (Here happens the same, it is difficult to find them new and sealed) With it's Only Rock n 'Roll is more expensive because they are rare in new condition.
    Black & Blue in new and sealed condition is between 27-50 dollars, equal with Tattoo You and Goat's Head Soup.

These prices are for cds with digikase in excellent to good condition and with the stickers. (Digikases not broken, stained or damaged by use) plus interior art in good to excellent condition, which is hard to find.

I have seen some vendors provide the full batch regular conditions the range of about 120-160 dollars but in these cases is not easy to know the "real" state of each cd. Better to try to find them individually and with honest sellers who can provide an accurate description.

If you don't care the particular condition you can find in the 10-20 dollars per cd

4. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

New old stock prices on Amazon. I'd double check you are ordering what you think with the seller, to be sure.
    The hard case limited edition of Sticky Fingers $49.98
    http://www.amazon.com/Sticky-Finger...title_11?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-1&qid=1434928121
    The 1999 limited edition Sticky Fingers without hard case $36.83
    http://www.amazon.com/Sticky-Finger...title_10?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-1&qid=1434928121
    The hard case limited edition of Exile On Main St $15.00
    http://www.amazon.com/Exile-Main-St..._title_5?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-1&qid=1434928411
    The 1999 limited edition Exile On Main St without hard case $28.85
    http://www.amazon.com/Exile-Street-...title_10?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-1&qid=1434928411

danielbravo likes this.
  5. jeffd7030

jeffd7030 I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.

I just found this "collectors issue" with case of Exile on Main Street used at my local shop for $10...I am thrilled with it.

6. sherry lynn

sherry lynn New Member

You know, the confusion that starts this thread is partly caused by the fact that the Discogs release date on Sticky Fingers UPC # 7243-8-47863-2-8 in the resealable bag, is wrong. It says '94 rather than '99.
    Also, I have a question about this one. The one I picked up recently has a clear plastic "sandwich" only, over the cardboard set inside the bag; not a 4 or 5 sided "slipcase" like a book would fit into.
    And there is no shrink wrap like Exile has over the set, inside the bag. Has anyone bought a bag version of Sticky Fingers with shrink wrap inside the bag like the Exile release has?

7. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

This is exactly what I bought today. Trying to figure out what it is.

8. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

There were 2 Virgin versions of the mini-LP release:
    1. The 1994 version was protected by a hard clear plastic sleeve (think large jewel case with opening at one end) into which the whole mini-LP that has the CD opening at the inside fold of the gatefold (including the CD sleeve, the replica of the second album sleeve, the 12 postcard prints) was slid, with a sticker on the plastic saying "Collector's Edition. Digitally Remastered. Original Album Packaging". The mini-LP measures 128mm x 128 mm. Yellow label without a track listing on the CD.
    CD # 724383950324
    2. The 1999 version came without a hard plastic slipcover and had a thin plastic resealable protective cover with a "Limited Collector's Edition. Digitally Remastered. Original Album Packaging with 12 postcard reprints" sticker on the plastic. The set measures 137 x 137mm. Yellow label without a track listing. CD # 47864-2
    Both the CDs sound the same to me and look identical apart from the size difference.

Wally Swift likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.