Rolling Stones 2015 Tour??

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by One_L, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One_L

One_L Forum Resident Thread Starter

Found this of interest:

Look for an official Rolling Stones tour announcement coming up soon. The legendary band will be announcing the re-issue of their classic 1971 album, Sticky Fingers, in addition to a 14-city North American trek.

Reportedly, the band will play the entire Sticky Fingersalbum each show. Tracks include: “Bitch,” “Wild Horses,” “Moonlight Mile,” “Can’t You Hear Me Knocking” (video below), “Brown Sugar,” “You Gotta Move” (video below) and “Dead Flowers.”

The tour is to kickoff on May 24th in San Diego, and then will likely head up to a stop at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles.

Reportedly – without being officially confirmed – The Stones will play Milwaukee on June 22nd and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on July 4th. Other stops are said to include Red Rocks in Colorado, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and somewhere in NYC (but not Manhattan). There will be Canadian cities on the tour, which could include a festival.

The inside scoop is that the tour venues (not surprisingly) will be stadiums and amphitheaters. There could also be a Los Angeles promotional warm-up show of some sort in the latter half of May.

###

Red Rocks? Really?

http://songmango.com/rolling-stones-to-tour-north-america/

2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I they agree to NOT play Satisfaction, Paint it Black, Jumping Jack Flash, or Sympathy for the Devil, that's a pretty interesting idea.

3. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly?

Oh man, I really hope Red Rocks is on the list. I live so close I go there often during the outdoor concert season.

4. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

5. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

How many nights at Red Rocks?? They would sell out in seconds.

6. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Only one.

7. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

8. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I'm guessing this means a stadium show.......Giants, CitiField, or the one I won't name in the Bronx.

bonus likes this.
  9. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Red a Rocks tickets would be tough to come by! Think it only holds 12000.

10. Bob_Rush

Bob_Rush Forum Resident

Billboards are up here in Pittsburgh that read "Tuesday". Date being rumored is 6/20 at Heinz Field.

Bob

11. hangwire13

hangwire13 Forum Resident

Why? They play those songs every time for a reason, ya know. Besides, they usually scatter deeper cuts and oddball covers in their sets, so it all evens out.

Carserguev likes this.
  12. botley

botley Forum Resident

Sticky Fingers will not be played live in its entirety. Don't know where that rumour got started. Just can't see that happening.

entropyfan and bonus like this.
  13. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

It's on the It's Only Rock 'N' Roll forum. Some of the members say it will be played at limited venues and recorded for possible inclusion in a Sticky Fingers Deluxe Edition. According to his Facebook page Mick Taylor will not be joining them.

14. botley

botley Forum Resident

Whose page? Mick Taylor's official page hasn't had its status updated for months.

My two cents? It's. Not. Happening.

15. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Mick Taylor's girlfriend Marlies Damming hangs out on some of Mick Taylor Facebook groups and said he has not been invited back. Some of the people in the Facebook groups are talking about starting a petition or email barrage to the Stones to have him invited back. This is the link to the site that is updated more often. https://www.facebook.com/MickTaylorFanSite
    You can also try this group as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MickTaylor.Net/

One piece of the Song Mango report that has us particularly excited is word that The Rolling Stones will perform Sticky Fingers at each stop on the tour. You may recall that saxophonist Karl Denson, who was a member of The Stones' touring band last year, performed the 1971 album with Anders Osborne and the rest of Karl Denson's Tiny Universe during a 2012 tour. There's no word as to whether Denson will remain a member of The Stones' touring band, though we do see Karl hasn't confirmed any appearances beyond early May with any of his projects outside of a few Greyboy Allstars' festival spots in July.

Song Mango claims the tour will begin on May 24 in San Diego and will include stops at The Hollywood Bowl, Indianapolis Motor Speedway and other venues across the continent. The band's potential Red Rocks debut has Colorado fans excited.

As for now, there's been no confirmation of Song Mango's report.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  16. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

I would not put any faith in Song Mango (they seem to be stealing info from elsewhere). If the band does play the entire album it will be at just the two rumored pre-tour LA dates (Nokia or Shrine have been mentioned). It should be pointed out that they have played ALL the songs from SF live with Ronnie on the various tours since 1975, and a mini-SF section (a la the mini-album sections of the 40 Licks tour) could well be a possibility.

All the indications, as reported above, are that Taylor will not be a part of this tour.

Jack likes this.
  17. old school

old school Senior Member

I don't see how they the Rolling Stones would exclude Mick Taylor especially if they are doing ' Sticky Fingers.' But it does not surprise me if the past is any
    indication. Is Bill Wyman doing any shows?

18. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

I have not read anything about him being invited.

old school likes this.
  19. old school

old school Senior Member

Bill is what 78? I wonder if Bill wanted to do some shows?

20. jimcdenco

jimcdenco Forum Resident

9540 to be exact

21. botley

botley Forum Resident

"You Gotta Move"? You actually foresee a possibility of the Rolling Stones in 2015 playing "You Gotta Move", club gig or otherwise? This is the stupidest rumour ever.

22. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Hopefully Mick Taylor will be more prominently featured on this tour, although I fear they don't want to use him too much or he might be considered a "full time" member and have to pay more.

23. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

The Stones have played all kinds of songs live over the years, so I don't see the problem with You Gotta Move (last played at Knebworth in 1976). Now, Sweet Black Angel, on the other hand, .....

Mick Taylor is not part of this tour.

24. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Sorry, you'll have to wait for the 50th Anniversary Exile On Main Street retrospective tour in 2022 to hear "Sweet Black Angel". ;)

John Fell and Jack like this.
  25. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

:)

They did play it once in 1972, but since Jagger changed the lyrics to the live version of Some Girls I imagine he would not be too keen to sing SBA's lyrics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.