Rolling Stones from the Vault: Stripped 20th anniversary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Daniel Falaschi, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

heck yes

warewolf95 likes this.
  2. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

The photo is misleading because the material on the cd is not from the lineup depicted in the photo.

warewolf95 likes this.
  3. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

This was posted on the IORR forum from a French Rolling Stones site.

The Deluxe Edition content is incredible concert at the Olympia, one of the Brixton Academy, one of two bonus Paradiso with the rare title of the unsuccessful concert, the documentary Stripped recovered from the masters and a longer version.

Several formats will be available as always:
    - DVD Documentary
    - SD Blu Ray Documentary
    - DVD of the documentary, with a CD or double LP
    - Deluxe Package

For the CD and double LP, this will not be the album Stripped, already reissued by Universal in 2009, only one title is common, the rest will be completely new.

The Deluxe package - in two versions, DVD and Blu Ray SD - will be the most interesting output with:
    - Documentary
    - The Olympia in Paris, full concert
    - Brixton Academy in London, full concert
    - Paradiso Amsterdam (full concert plus bonus)
    - the CD

This is cool if it is correct that the cd/lp will contain tracks not on the original Stripped album.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  4. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

It's nice and quite unusual that the same album won't be shoved down our throats twice. The one thing I don't like is; to get the cd with the blu-ray you're forced to count down a lot of money.

warewolf95 likes this.
  5. Notwithstanding the ridiculous choice of cover art (sure, Mick always wore sequined jumpsuits when performing in 1963) the top set shown here is actually very interesting. None of the clips I've been able to play on the linked site sound like any of the common BBC cuts in circulation - all of which I'm pretty intimately familiar with. And I sure wasn't aware of a "legendary 1963 F.M. broadcast" other than those few BBC cuts in circulation from one of their appearances that year. I'll have to check Zentgraf and see if I can find a reference to this...

warewolf95 likes this.
  6. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

This got a terrible review on Amazon. The reviews say the sound was awful.

warewolf95 likes this.
  7. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

So what is repeated between the DVD Documentary/Vinyl Set and the Deluxe package? Just the Doc?

8. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

The last couple of Vault releases have had a Blu/CD combo. option in the US.
    I'm hoping that this is included.

grx8 likes this.
  9. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

This is what the original release should have been in the first place. The original release seemed aimed at all the people who bought Clapton Unplugged.

ARK and footlooseman like this.
  10. Wow - that's gorgeous - soulful and restrained, and Keith still had his voice!

More like that please....

Jack and warewolf95 like this.
  11. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Fantastic.

warewolf95 likes this.
  12. kevin

kevin Senior Member

I wonder if what's on the cd will be basically the same thing as the roio I have called Stripped Companion.

chickendinna and warewolf95 like this.
  13. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

If they are releasing the shows, I hope the cd has the studio outtakes.

14. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

I have that as well as another bootleg that has even more tracks that were not on Stripped Companion or the Stripped album.

I'm wondering if the cd will contain the single sides that did not appear on the album as there were quite a few.

Here are the released Stripped outtakes that did not appear on the album.

1. "Honest I Do" (Hope Floats Movie Soundtrack) (live in the studio in Tokyo from 3–5 March 1995)
    2. "All Down the Line" ("Like a Rolling Stone" single) (live in Amsterdam on 27 May 1995)
    3. "Black Limousine" ("Like a Rolling Stone" single) (live in London on 19 July 1995)
    4. "Gimme Shelter" ("Wild Horses" single) (live in Amsterdam on 26 May 1995)
    5. "Tumbling Dice" ("Wild Horses" single) (live in Paris on 3 July 1995)
    6. "Live with Me" ("Wild Horses" single) (live in London on 19 July 1995)
    7. "It's All Over Now" (e-download only) (live in Amsterdam on 27 May 1995)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  15. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

That is one of my favorite versions of "All Down The Line" - who made that an outake?!?

warewolf95 and Bonddm like this.
  16. Tin Whisker

Tin Whisker Forum Resident

YES!!!!

warewolf95 likes this.
  17. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

I assume the Stones picked which songs were on the official album and which songs were used on the singles.

warewolf95 likes this.
  18. jeddy

jeddy Forum Resident

so only the one version of Gimme Shelter?

is this the most awesome Lisa Fischer
    version ever?

you know the one....she's wearing that black leather dress and she just NAILS the vocal!

warewolf95 and MRamble like this.
  19. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

I think I am for the deluxe version - my first From The Vault release! Hoping they are reasonable with the price....

supermd and warewolf95 like this.
  20. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

This is great news! Stripped is my favorite Stones live album, and I've probably spent more time with it than any other post-1980 Stones album. I've always had a playlist that consisted of Stripped, the tracks from those singles, and other tracks pulled from the various bootlegs of the era. Here's hoping we get all of that and good sound with the deluxe version.

alchemy, Jack, Carserguev and 2 others like this.
  21. Lynd8

Lynd8 Forum Resident

It would be nice for them to include the awesome "No Expectations" - For the life of me I could not understand how this did not make the album!

22. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

They also supposedly recorded a new version of Parachute Woman.

Sean, warewolf95, bonus and 1 other person like this.
  23. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

That will be included on the Stripped doc, I believe it was from the 1st Paradiso show.

warewolf95 and Jack like this.
  24. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

All the Stripped videos in the link above have been blocked in the U.S. with the heading:

"This video contains content from Eagle Rock. It is not available in your country. "

This is a great sign that this is happening, it's now just a question about the details on the deluxe edition.

25. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

That AND the fact that they chose a photo from 10 years later ! Dummies.

John Fell and warewolf95 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.