Rolling Stones - New 40 Licks with remix?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sergio Ruz, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sergio Ruz

Sergio Ruz Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just saw the new "Sympathy for the devil" remix EP at a local store. A real strange creature to behold: five versions (three main mixes plus two edits), the original version, Honky tonk women (studio version), enhanced video, "moving tongue" cover, the proverbial kitchen sink... for some reason I really, really doubt this will be a hot selling single despite all the gimmicks but you never know with the kids these days.

Anyway, what caught my eyes was the mention that the so called "Neptunes remix edit" version (the next to worst version of the mixes, IMHO) is also to be included on the new version of Forty Licks (not yet released), duly advertised with a green and blue tongue cover.

Since the local single is on Decca (Universal, really), does that mean Forty Licks is being rereleased on a new label? Maybe that's part of the deal between ABKCO and Virgin. I expect the remixed version to substitute the original on the current Virgin/EMI pressing, which will be a shame, unless another track is dropped to make room for the remix version.

Such is record marketing these days...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.