Rolling Stones On Air CD - Problem With The Last Time?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gretsch6136, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gretsch6136

Gretsch6136 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi all,

There seems to be an editing problem with this song. At 2:45 is sounds like the song backs up 3 or 4 beats and repeats the start of the outro a second time.

I've double checked the CD for any scratches or dust and it's clean as a whistle. The CD player's time counter also continues to move forward without any indication of the laser skipping back.

Anybody else noticed this on their CD playback?

Larry Geller and melstapler like this.
  2. Gretsch6136

I just did some research and on another thread here people are saying its a problem with the source material. So I went back to my old bootleg CD, Live In London 1963-1965 which has the same performance on it. No skip back on that one. This is clearly an editing problem in making the new CD.

melstapler likes this.
  3. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

That particular problem isn't because of "boot CD" source material, but just about all of the other problems are. The cut intros, lousy sound quality, speed problems, etc...are all inherent to previous bootlegs. There are newer fan made sets that blow this official release away.

4. Gretsch6136

Thanks. I didn't imply the source material was from a bootleg CD. But given the bootleg CD would have been a copy of the original source tape or taken from a broadcast, I went to it to see if the glitch was from the source tape. It clearly isn't as the bootleg is free of the glitch. That tells me something went wrong in the production/mastering of the official CD. Can't blame the source!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.