Rolling Stones SACDs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audio, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

Has anybody had any problems burning copies of the new Rolling Stones SACD? If so, I can help. I know the reason why most common DVD rom drives won't read these and how to get around it if anyone is interested. Also, here is a FANTASTIC Stones SACD information site: http://lukpac.org/stereostones/stones-cd-faq.txt

2. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Wow, interesting site! Thanks for the heads-up. :laugh:

3. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Lukpac, huh? Think I've heard of the guy from somewhere...:rolleyes: ;) :D

And the website, too....:eek: :)

ED:cool:

4. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Prix, just FYI, Lukepac is a long time member here....

5. audio

Oh, okay. Didn't know. Lukepac is great! I HIGHLY recommend his site. I've emailed him before and he is extremely helpful and seems like a great guy.

6. AKA

AKA Senior Member

He's a very knowledgeable dude. Welcome to the board, by the way, Prix.

7. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Yes, shame on me for not spilling the beans...

In reality, he is the forum's resident wunderkind , a young whippersnapper with a lot on the ball. And yeah, he is a nice guy, don't let him fool you into thinking otherwise:D

ED:cool:

8. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member

Prix, FWIW, remember that the SACDs have two layers. Lots of DVD-Rom drives like to try to read the "sacd" layer of the discs, get confused, and barf. Try doing it on your CDRW drive, and it should work.

I'm in finals week. It'll be updated soon. Really.

9. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Stones, Beatles, The Who... he's the guy to ask. Nice guy too. He's willing to answer even the redundant questions (I know, I've asked them several times and then I ask again when I forget the answers).

10. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Liar!

For the record, David is really the main guy behind the FAQ. I'm mainly here for editing, suggestions, moral support, etc...

11. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

12. audio

Re: Re: Rolling Stones SACDs

A set of steak knives, of course! (the ones originally used for the Beggar's Banquet album cover)

13. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

Re: Re: Re: Rolling Stones SACDs

Well done. Who says you can't put a price on everything? :p

14. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

THe DVD drive in my IBM laptop (I can supply the model number if you need it) does not have a problem reading the redbook layer of the Rolling Stones hybrid SACDs. I have used Roxio and Exact Audio copy.

So prix - what is your burning secret, anyway? Oh, yeah welcome to the board! If you do a search you may find one or two threads about the Rolling Stones remasters. :laugh:
    lucpac's site is a constant reference for me (I keep a .txt copy stored on my drive for quick reference)

15. Re: Re: Re: Rolling Stones SACDs

:laugh:

I've had no problems with the hybrid discs in terms of copying them. I made a single disc "Hot Rocks" and a single disc "More Hot Rocks" sampler if you will, for the car. They ripped fine onto my computer with Exact Audio Copy.
    Don't remember what drive I used but I have two:
    1. Samsung DVD ROM
    2. LG, 32x10x40x, CD burner.

Now as for playing these suckers, that's a differerent story. The hybrid discs play in my Toshiba 5 disc DVD changer, but not in my 1988 Nakamicihi CD player, nor in my Elektrahome "all-regions" DVD player. The Nak won't even read the discs. The Elektrahome brings up a "DOS like" menu, similar to what I get when I put an mp3 disc in this machine. It shows a root and a folder, IIRC, but does not let me select anything. :rolleyes: I'm fortunate to be able to play these discs at all, because many have reported that the hyrbrid Stones discs will not play in their Toshiba DVD players. I'm one of the fortunate ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.