Rolling Stones Sticky fingers deluxe which version are you getting ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fitzysbuna, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

2 CD set on order and there likely will be others.

Is that a photo Skyhooks as your avatar?

2. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

Did you like what they did to the past deluxe sets or the 2009 remasters? ...not me. I'm just getting the dvds of the concerts and downloading the bonus tracks. I still have a near mint original vinyl and my trusty virgin cds. :agree:

3. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

super deluxe baby!!!

4. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

[​IMG]
    Just saw this. Notice the sticker says Best Buy only $3 off July 24 release of From The Vaults: Hyde Park 1969.

5. Master_It_Right

Master_It_Right Forum Resident

I bought the Live At the Marquee Club DVD/CD. I was also interested in the vinyl (not going to play it, probably will leave it sealed, want it for the collector value). But does anybody know, with the deal from Target where you order the 2CD that comes with the 2LP? Do you get both at the same time? Or do you get the 2CD with a code then they ship you the 2LP?

6. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

I believe they ship the lp to you.

7. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

https://store.digitalstores.co.uk/r...le-LP-Set-Limited-Edition-Spanish/4ESB03WU000
    For me it's the Spanish rare cover w/ bonus tracks on vinyl, and a copy of the Japanese '11 SHM Platinum CD.
    Honestly the people at Universal are basically in the same league as Happy Meal toy designers when it comes to comprehending what should be a 'deluxe' remaster or reissue event, they know people will buy colorful gee whiz stuff but can't really be bothered to cough up something that will stand the test of time sonically -and they don't care.

mooseman likes this.
  8. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

That Spanish cover has been used over the years for a bootleg of outtakes for Sticky Fingers, I've seen that many of times in the bins. I'm thinking that would be a cool alternative for me also being that I own a nice original Sticky Fingers album. I was just wondering why the bonus live stuff is all songs from Let It Bleed album.

9. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

They only thing I can figure is that they did not want to repeat songs that were already on the disc in alternate studio versions. I thought the same thing though.

mooseman likes this.
  10. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Sooper Dooper Deelux for me.

11. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Super Deluxe (hesitantly). The official release of Leeds sealed the deal. Frankly, I could do without all the box set bloat (cut-outs, photos, vinyl single, etc), but this is the first Super Deluxe box from The Rolling Stones with multiple discs of bona fide archival material without modern-day overdubs, so it seemed justifiable.

John Fell and Classicolin like this.
  12. PacificOceanBlue

Nicely stated sir. Couldn't agree with you more.

Classicolin likes this.
  13. PacificOceanBlue

Awesome. Had Hyde Park '69 been rumored as a possible release?

14. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Not that I had heard.

15. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Well I stumbled onto that link through a Googling, and it let me sign up and purchase so I figured since it is an official product that it might be worth what I paid down the road.
    As much as I feel that they are putting out a lackluster product considering all the hype, I have to admit that having a Spanish cover title with some hopefully good sounding cuts of those outtakes and the few live cuts was enticing.
    I've seen those boots over the years and I just have a hard time with the idea of gambling on SQ -you just don't know what to expect. This is almost in that league considering especially how dull the Exile package was, I was resigned to just blowing it all off in favor of checking out anything extra wise later, but that cover deal suckered me right in.
    The main RS website's link takes you to a page saying that it's out of stock, so I guess I just had to find out if you could still get a preorder -and so it goes. They might have a limited alternate only material release later -or not.
    I like the idea of the Leeds, Marquee and that Hyde Park set though.
    I can't imagine the Leeds stuff being or staying exclusive to the super deluxe -is it?

mooseman likes this.
  16. misko

misko Forum Resident

I ordered the 2cd release for now. I am pissed that Leeds is only in the deluxe box having had the revisited boot cd for so long. I want the first two songs but the price difference is silly to me for just a couple tracks. I don't need the vinyl either and I have the BLu/CD for the Marquee on order as well. They should have let fans buy Leeds separate .

Freek999 likes this.
  17. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

You can watch the whole show on youtube, I've had it on my favorites for over a year.

John Fell likes this.
  18. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

Agree, the Stones are my favorite band but this reissue campaign starting from 2009 has left me scratching my head.

19. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

I'd like Leeds, but cannot justify spending $150 for 1CD. Thus, 2CD target for me.

20. vudicus

vudicus Forum Resident

The Super Deluxe thing and the 2LP with the spanish sleeve.

Also getting the Marquee Bluray and the LP/DVD combo.

21. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

Just get the bootleg version, I've had that for years.

22. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

Still doesn't get why people complain.

You can buy Leeds digitally and save the money from buying the big box.
    There isn't even no artwork for the Leeds disc as it's just inside a slot in the book in the box.

Also, again, to those who will buy the 2 Lp Deluxe Edition: MIDNIGHT RAMBLER IS OMITTED FROM THE LP!

Dave Hoos likes this.
  23. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

My thoughts exactly PacificOceanBlue.

24. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

The digital versions do make complete sense here.
    As far as complaints, for those wanting a vinyl disc they are wholly justified, when you look at the means of the machine behind it all and measure that with what you get, a truly missed opportunity as far as the studio lp being sourced from a pre existing source that is not considered anything special. They could have hired a hot shot to cut vinyl from the original tapes or at least do a nice job cutting from the flat transfer HR source or ... ...considering they are bothering to cut vinyl.
    It's fairly boring to hear a vinyl cut that is obviously already handy in a CD form.
    Sure a lot of people already have found their keeper copy, but a lot more probably will think this is a way to get one.
    The EMI LPCent version although digital sourced has a rep because it apparently sounds good, originals that sound good and even the later FC CBS copies for being all analog are coveted.
    It just sets people up who want the studio lp on vinyl to regret it later, and diminishes the legacy of the effort- if the Exile deluxe is an indicator.
    OTOH, no one has actually heard the new vinyl, so maybe it will rock and that would be nice. With respect to that aspect, I will not complain anymore unless it becomes painfully obvious after the fact that this vinyl edition blows.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  25. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Gonna go for the deluxe two LP (zipper) and get the 2 cd from Tar-zhay.

Master_It_Right likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.