Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

1. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

"I Am The Walrus" you mean.....

The Beave and tinnox like this.
  2. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I strongly suspect the issues with Blue & Lonesome are largely baked into the mix. A re-master would likely be just putting a different shade of lipstick on the pig.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  3. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Definitely no amount of mastering will be able to fix the distorted vocals on this one.

tinnox likes this.
  4. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It’s much more than the vocals.

tinnox likes this.
  5. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

They’re just my biggest problem with the album. Still like the music and the performances though.

ssmith3046 and tinnox like this.
  6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

That’s how they wanted it to sound

Turntable, Peachy, OldSoul and 4 others like this.
  7. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Got the same reply so I forwarded it to Amazon. They only offered a full refund if I don’t get the download code, no partial refund that others on here have been offered.

Thank you for contacting Amazon.com with the response that you received from the seller

I see that you have contacted the manufacturer regarding the missing download codes for the product " Studio Albums Collection 1971 - 2016 " and came to know that they had published a wrong detail on advertisement. And you did not receive the download code for the albums.

I am sorry for the inconvenience due to the missing download codes.

In this case, I have escalated this issue to our concerned department for the misleading information the manufacturer has provided.

I certainly feel bad that you are not able to use the product . If you manage to get the download codes for the album, you can keep the product.

Otherwise, you are welcome to return the product, we will readily issue a full refund.”

tinnox likes this.
  8. Was the from the email I posted a few posts back ?

tinnox likes this.
  9. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Stones recordings don't sound so good in the first place. I'm not convinced these would sound a lot better cut all analogue. I think the packaging of this box is first rate only bettered by the two examples quoted and The Faces box. Apart from some pressing flaws (mainly one bad side) which meant getting a replacement box a good effort. Downside - I think the UK price is a bit spendy to say the least. This is the last super expensive box set I will buy unless they do an AAA Beatles stereo.

robtodd, rollo5, sennj and 2 others like this.
  10. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

No, but I did send an email to that Push entertainment addresss this morning with a copy of my amazon receipt. Still waiting for a reply.

tinnox likes this.
  11. I bet you will get them then. that seems to be the source who can get them to us.

Leviathan and tinnox like this.
  12. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

I should have been more specific....yes....one is Mono, the newer one is Stereo. I was purely referring to the vinyl sound quality compared to the originals. I love the Mono box.

tinnox likes this.
  13. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

Thanks Mazzy. Giving it a try now.

tinnox likes this.
  14. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

More like another Universal Music Group fiasco! They suck.

15. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Replace with: "Mick"

:righton:

16. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Yes, I gave the Faces example too in my post. I would have loved to have that quality in the packaging of the Stones box set. But apart from these boxes there are more examples of higher quality packaging. Please compare if you can the Sticky Fingers sleeve in the box with the ‘94 Virgin sleeve. And yes, I know about the sound; I’m just talking about the quality of the materials used. Now, if others are pleased with the quality of the packaging and the sound, good for them! It’s just my opinion.

17. teag

teag Forum Resident

Definitely. It's unfortunate that such an important group is under this corporate umbrella.

FashionBoy, Tommyboy and mick_sh like this.
  18. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Exactly.

FashionBoy and Tommyboy like this.
  19. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I think a lot of people are pleased cause of the improvement of the sleeves and inserts compared too the 2010 vinyl boxset, I know I am.

I like the way all the original inserts have been included like the original fan club mail order form in undercover, some nice inclusions and attention to detail.

tinnox, mick_sh and Jack like this.
  20. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

One last repro cover question. Did Emotional Rescue come with the wraparound large poster?

21. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

Yep!

22. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Set number 01606 checking in! Listening in order, Sticky Fingers on now, divine!

Carl80 and Goldy like this.
  23. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

Yes, however my original was more like a paper bag and was wrapped around the cover under the shrink. The new one is inside the LP (only Dirty Work is in true shrink wrap because it was of unique color) and the new one is also glossy, the original was not. Along with Undercover's omission of actual stickers, I think they are the only two (obvious) missing reproductions of the original packaging.

Dee Zee likes this.
  24. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

Undercover is done the way it was in the UK. Maybe the same is true for Emotional Rescue.

Zongadude and robtodd like this.
  25. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

If you don't want to turn your Sticky Fingers around to save Exile from zipper wear, you can slot the info card between them. That didn't occur to me until a few days ago.

CBackley, tinnox and mick_sh like this.