Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

There was a download card in that box, I remember using it, there was errors in them though, one of the tracks on undercover.

2. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

The comment from the queen made me laugh, good stuff.

vonwegen likes this.
  3. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Thanks I will find it. Back then I was not able to play downloaded music easily via my hi fi. I now have the Oppo so it is easy.

Carl80 likes this.
  4. Ironbelly

Ironbelly Forum Resident

It is from Sticky Fingers up to and including Steel Wheels and for live albums - Love You Live, Still Life and Flashpoint.
    Voodoo Lounge, Bridges To Babylon, Stripped, Live Licks came with Virgin and UM mastering
    No Security - Virgin only mastering
    Everything after 2005 - UM only mastering.

Although, Tattoo You, Undercover and Still Life have one additional mastering as they were issued on CD before contract with CBS.
    Tattoo You [CP35-3032], Japanese Toshiba-EMI, Black Triangle.
    Undercover [CP35-3087], Japanese, Toshiba-EMI, Black Triangle and it European clone EMI [CDP 7 46024 2], Japan for Europe.
    Still Live [WEA-Atlantic 39113-2], West Germany for USA, Target.

I do not consider here compilations.

Regarding 71-05 box downloads. I believe it was all over 'internet libraries'. But I believe it was a rip from Japanese CD box.

Flaming Torch likes this.
  5. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

It's a composite of two takes. IIRC, the beginning is from '69, and the end is from '71 or '72.

Carl80 likes this.
  6. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Brilliant, thanks for the information. Are there any other songs on the deluxe recorded at the time of making the album, studio sessions or outtakes ?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  7. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

I'm not sure which ones are and aren't. "Good Time Women" is from Sticky Fingers, I think. Probably most are. A lot of Exile's songs came from '69-'71.

Carl80 likes this.
  8. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

I've been posting in the other thread about the multiple issues I'm having with the pressing/sound quality of this set, but I thought I'd come over to this one to add a positive comment:
    The packaging on this set is fantastic -- the artwork looks great, no barcodes, all the inserts...just a beautiful set. Hopefully my replacement box will fix the sound issues, although I'm not really that hopeful.

Joti Cover and Carl80 like this.
  9. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I just wanted to say my box set looks and sounds great and giving Voodoo Lounge another spin in which this box gave me a greater appreciation for Voodoo Lounge

10. Red

Red Forum Resident

I emailed Push Entertainment for the download code. They are directing me over to redeembacktoblackvinyl.com. Does that make sense? Seems like I have to sign up as well.

Edit: Well, the link works, downloading now.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  11. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

I wound up getting Sticky Fingers and Exile from a seller here breaking up a box. They sound great, no quality issues with mine.

12. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

It seems like some just had bad luck on this. Considering the size of this collection and the number of LPs I found the quality control to be very good. I really just have a couple audible bubbles on IORR that cause minimal disturbance. I have a Vinyl Flat but haven’t needed it on these.

I think sound quality is also solid but not exactly the same as the originals. As these are remastered I wouldn’t expect, or want, them to be the same as the originals. Pretty much all I could expect from this set. The only other shortfall I guess is the lack of the download card which I would never use anyway.

FashionBoy, Joti Cover and tinnox like this.
  13. wpjs

wpjs Forum Resident

I've gone through the whole set. A few issues- hopefully a replacement is on the way (seller claimed he'll have copies available for exchange)
    Agree these should not sound like originals. They were re-mastered to "improve" sound.
    I think perhaps- I can only speak for myself- I'm so used to listening to the originals - so that's how I expect to hear it. When I don't I assume it's not "as good".
    Not always the case. After spending time with this collection I prefer a majority of the new re-masters vs the old LP's.

tinnox and maui jim like this.
  14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

of course it's OOS on Amazon as soon as they're offering a decent discount with AMEX.

don't mind me i'm just pissed i missed out on the <$200 price :realmad:

15. RJD1954

RJD1954 Forum Resident

Gee, Exile package looks very fat!!!!

16. voxstarstream

voxstarstream Forum Resident

Is this set already out of print? Looks like Amazon won't be getting any more re-stock.

17. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

I think it is outstanding that someone from Cape Girardeau, MO is a member of this forum. Back when people still wrote on cave walls I attended Southeast Missouri State College (it had not yet been dubbed a University by the governor) there for 1.5 semesters ( I quickly sobered up and got my butt into WU in St. Louis, talk about a night and day difference). Amazon may be OOS, but I find it hard to believe that the box is already OOP. I have yet to get the shrink wrap off of mine. :sigh:

voxstarstream likes this.
  18. robtodd

robtodd Forum Resident

It’s still available internationally.

19. voxstarstream

Actually I just moved here from Memphis (12 years of that ****hole were more than enough)! I welcome the change...

20. voxstarstream

I see Music Direct still has it (and at a good price as well). I was just wondering as it appears Amazon isn't getting anymore.

21. Jerjo

Jerjo Forum Resident

Bullmoose has it for $428. Yikes!

22. SNDVSN

SNDVSN Forum Resident

Count yourself lucky it's always been $500 in the UK. Not sure how that works, we pay more for a British bands records manufactured in France?

meandafoe likes this.
  23. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

You got the download cards :uhhuh:

24. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

I got mine from Music Direct with three download cards. What format are downloads?

tinnox likes this.
  25. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Send me one

GentleSenator likes this.