Ron Howard's Beatles Documentary Feature Film About The Band's Touring Years, "Eight Days a Week"*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jordanlolss, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tingly

tingly Forum Resident

The "defect" is getting the wrong disc in the 1-disc version.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  2. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Yeah, that's what I thought.... all the more reason to just get the 2-disc version. ;)

3. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

I've asked this question a couple of times here and received no replies. I noticed lots of digital glitches or digital artifacts in most of the archival footage of the main feature of the 2 DVD set. Has anyone else noticed this on the DVD?

4. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Who would someone contact to see about getting the replacement? Any idea?

5. yellowballoon

yellowballoon Senior Member

You should first just take back to the store. Universal is who to contact for a replacement. The Blu-Ray did not have the incorrect disc. Only the DVD.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  6. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Thanks!

7. Bill Lettang

Bill Lettang Forum Resident

Yea, the ES show as it happened...and this was shortly after JFK was killed and we were all still very sad here in America and many parts of the world..so I can without reservation say thank God for the Beatles and for the career they set for me!!!!

8. Bill Lettang

Bill Lettang Forum Resident

that's a great example of how cool George Harrison was......

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  9. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

My 22 year old niece didn't know much about The Beatles, but went to see the Eight Days A Week movie with me last September and really liked it. When she got back in town last night to exchange Xmas gifts she gave me this shirt to commemorate the event!

[​IMG]

sloaches, Kim Olesen, RogerB and 7 others like this.
  10. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

I for one think the Blu-ray viewing of this movie on my 55' Sony was better picture quality then it was blown up on the big screen!

Mark Wilson likes this.
  11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

The theater where my niece and I attended is having a "Breakfast And A Movie" this month featuring The Criterion issue of "A Hard Days Night".

If it wasn't 4.5 hours away I might go.

Mark

JayRef likes this.
  12. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

the "topper most of the popper most" overdub of Lennons quote irritates the crap out of me

zipp, johnny q and Darrin L. like this.
  13. teag

teag Forum Resident

Glad we got that information. That's important to know!

14. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

yes, you are right, good point! it is indeed really nice to have these forums so that we may share our thoughts about music and music releases. Agreed 100%, thanks Steve!

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  15. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

Just got around to watching the additional videos on disc two of the Deluxe Blu-ray set. I really enjoyed them and thought they were well done. Sort of Anthology for short attention span people. The 5 live performances were new to me. I have one more to go, the Deeper Dive clip.

EddieMann likes this.
  16. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

I watched the bonus disc tonight for the first time as well. I REALLY liked the chapter that dealt with Hamburg, The Cavern, Allan Williams, etc. That's what the whole movie should have been about!

Headfone, Paul Mazz, johnny q and 3 others like this.
  17. Piiijiii

Piiijiii Hundalasiliah

They added it to Amazon Prime TV :cool:

Just started watching ...

18. zen

zen Senior Member

Basically, that means everyone...but the hard core fan.

19. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I got the Blu-ray for Christmas, watched the film for the first time tonight. It was a mostly boring re-hash of the same stuff that has been done better, and more authentic, and more complete elsewhere. So, basically what everyone has been complaining about for months already -- which is why I haven't been in any hurry to watch it. Seeing the full-length colorized sections I now fully agree with everyone who said they are a travesty. Initially I thought they looked alright in the short glimpses of the previews, but seeing the full clips that way just emphasized how poorly it was done, and how totally unnecessary to even consider doing that for those few clips. The whole thing makes me very disappointed in Paul and Ringo that they would give their blessing on this film being released and done this way. But it made them more money, so that's all that matters in the end. :sigh:

Eventually I'll watch the bonus disc someday.

fishcane, ParloFax and Frank like this.
  20. ex_mixer

ex_mixer Senior Member

As much as I think this was a missed opportunity, I voted for this film in this year's Grammy awards. In the Best Music Film category, better to give this a nod and hope for better Beatle projects in the future. Plus, Beyonce is going to get enough wins in the other categories.....:D

21. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

I sure hope the DVD/BD sales of EDAW were enough to encourage Apple to release an official "Beatles Live Collection" DVD in the future. We all know what should be included in that set........unaltered and complete if at all possible.

22. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

I haven't been following this thread. I just borrowed the DVD from the library. Am I correct in that what I watched is the second bonus disc of a two disc set?
    It sure seemed like it.

23. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

I fully agree with this assessment, I was thoroughly disappointed in this film and am glad I didnt go out of my way to see it. We already had a comprehensive anthology, there was no need to revisit that formula. The only glimmer of hope was that they DIDNT release the full Shea show on dvd/bluray, meaning we may be in for an official live release. The bonus material was marginal but better then the film itself...

24. Frank

Frank Senior Member

They put the bonus disc in the single dvd release instead of the actual movie. It's been recalled.:biglaugh:

25. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

Thanks.
    I spent half and hour last night trying to find another menu on the disc. (this can't be the regular movie)

Anyway, about the extras (since that is all I can talk about) - they are OK. Nice enough to spend some time watching.
    One thing I did not know - that film of the Beatles in the Cavern was a special daytime show just to make the film?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.