Ronnie Wood - I've Got My Own... MOV Reissue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joshbg2k, Mar 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshbg2k

joshbg2k Forum Resident Thread Starter

Stumbled across this - http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/ron-wood/i-ve-got-my-own-album-to-do#.VRgV5MYcgkU

I'm surprised it took the collective industry this long to reissue this classic. I've got an original KENDUN pressing that will probably be hard to top. I know MOV is known for quality reissues, but they tend to run about $45 on albums for which there's often a great sounding original, so I don't buy them. Are they known for mastering from tape or digital?

2. Graham

Graham Senior Member

3. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I'm playing my MOV vinyl reissue right now -- almost through side one -- and, so far it's great. Sounds just as good as the original Warner Bros. vinyl I bought back in September 1974. Forty years ago. Anyway, MOV reproduced the inner sheet as well, which I never had. I'm pretty happy with this. And yeah, it's still such a special record. They dont make 'em like this anymore.

UPDATE:

Side two is dead quiet. I only have a couple of MOV vinyl releases and have had no issues whatsoever with their products. This LP reissue of I'VE GOT MY OWN ALBUM TO DO is exemplary and except for a pretty noticeable warp that doesn't seem to affect play, I would think meets the criteria of what's considered great 'round these parts: a straight reissue that contains all the original elements and sounds excellent. It's good.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Jack, Graham and jumpinjulian like this.
  4. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Couldn't have said it better. This release is excellent.

jumpinjulian likes this.
  5. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I recently found an original Kendun myself and it does sound pretty good but the underlying surface noise is disappointing in spots. I may have to check this one out. Almost certainly a digital transfer of some sort but a successful one from the sounds of it.

6. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I was just about to buy this when I found an original for just 4€.

7. Michael Nagin

Michael Nagin New Member

FINALLY came across a copy of this reissue while in Los Angeles at Amoeba....SO happy with the pressing.
    Super quiet and warm....a criminally underrated solo record.
    And that line up is almost unbeatable....except maybe for the first Graham Nash solo record?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.