"Roseanne" revival with John Goodman, Sara Gilbert and Laurie Metcalf.*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i want to point out shelly winters would have been like 97 this year while estelle parsons is 90 and supposed to be her daughter

Ethan B and AKA like this.
  2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

That was great to read and see the picture! I love learning little details like that. Thank you so much for linking to the article! :)

AKA and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

Bea Arthur was older than Estelle Getty, Sarah Chalke is younger than Sara Gilbert, and Tracey Gold is older than Kirk Cameron.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I think you meant to say the opposite...

rburly likes this.
  5. AKA

Yep. Good catch. Thanks.

6. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

7. AKA

Are there fact-checkers anymore? That’s the fourth factual error in a major publication I’ve seen in the past week.

8. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Roseanne is a very ardent supporter of Donald Trump. If you google you can find out a lot about her political opinions which quite obviously is not something we can discuss here.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  9. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yeah, I saw that and thought "Geez, really guys?". :)

MikaelaArsenault and AKA like this.
  10. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

How could the writer of that article talk about painstakingly getting details right, but miss the town the show was set in, Lanford, IL, as Lanlord, IL?

11. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Fake News era. Everyone wants to have the best scoop out in a 24-hour news cycle, so less time for "fact checking."

Matthew Tate and rburly like this.
  12. AKA

Johnny Galecki On ‘Big Bang’ Likely Ending After 12 Seasons, Doing More ‘Roseanne’

13. rburly

14. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

I can picture this not doing well at all.

g.z. and rburly like this.
  15. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Like Modern Family? They haven't sunk to BB low, but same downward trajectory for a while. And it was a better show for longer imo.

16. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

modern family is signed for 1 more season. i bet thats it and it ends after that

17. rburly

It was the only show that came to mind at the time.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  18. JimW

{Best Claire voice} Nailed it!

That sounds right. They certainly didn't go out on top, but they're not totally milking it. I still watch and it's still amusing, but it's def past it's peak. Good for them though- glad they got a good payday. They deserved it; it was awesome for a number of years.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. rburly

Once the kids in college are more at home and another generation has grown, it's time to retire the show.

Matthew Tate and JimW like this.
  20. albert_m

albert_m Forum Resident

Both shows are past their prime, but yeah, I agree, Big Bang is really tired. There are occasional funny lines/moments, but it really dropped off a good two seasons ago.
    Modern Family has better writing, but has been more hit or miss the past couple years.

21. JimW

Yeah- BB I've watched out of habit for a few years now and doesn't get my full attention. MF is just too long in the tooth; characters get stuck and end up caricatures. Young Actors that were perfect at first grow into perhaps not as appealing, at least from a comedy standpoint. I agree MF has always had the better writing; there was some truly creative stuff done and a lot of circus mirrors held up to reality with a lot of cultural commentary.

BB was at it's best the 1st couple of seasons and was always more about being hip and running gags on being nerds and Sheldon's "autism." It was funny and clever- for a while. But as things grew, the superficialities of the creativity behind it became more aware as the show became like Sheldon's knock: same old same old same old. And adding the women was an attempt to stop the downward spiral that may have only hastened it.

I know it's time for MF to go, but I'll be a lil sad when it does. I'll be happy when BB pulls the pin. Which IIRC I believe I read next year is likely their last as well?

22. Gregory Earl

Gregory Earl Senior Member

I don't watch sitcoms anymore but I'll be watching this one. I was a huge fan of the show back during it's running. Watching the old reruns of the show today I don't find it as funny as it was then. But somehow I have positive vibes from the trailers I seen so far.
    They were very smart to get John Goodman back, dead or not. It wouldn't have a chance of working without him IMO.

23. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yeah, I don't really care what the show's plot-based reason for him is returning, I'm just glad that he's on board.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

I plan on watching every episode. Wish more sitcoms could return from the past.

25. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

29 years ago...

That first season still holds up and is still really funny, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.