Rotel RA-1572 Integrated Amplifier

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by George P, Jun 13, 2018.

1. SpeedMorris

SpeedMorris Forum Resident

2. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Forum Resident

That's a steal at this price. I bought a new "open box" Parasound headphone amp from Sight & Sound at a comparable discount, and have been very happy with it.
    I also bought a factory-refurbished NAD M51 DAC from another audio dealer at 25% off list price, and that worked out as well. The refurb units are the same as new, except one year less on the factory warranty.

SpeedMorris likes this.
  3. captwillard

captwillard Forum Resident

Rotel stuff is nice. Personally, I would buy a Rotel integrated over a NAD one. I just think Rotel is better built and sounds better. Its hard to say what you will hear different sonically vs your Yamaha. I imagine yo will get a little bit more resolution and imaging. It Rotel will match very well with Rotel. As far as low volume listening, I prefer high current solid state amplifiers. They seem to take control of speakers at low volumes. The other option for low volume listening is to find a integrated that has a loudness control.

4. keiron99

keiron99 Forum Resident

For low level listening on the Rotel you can adjust the tone controls (perish the thought!) as a sort of makeshift loudness control (bring them back, I say!) Simply press the tone bypass switch on the remote to put it in or out of circuit.

5. George P

George P Love Will Lead Us Thread Starter

Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, that unit is too deep to fit on the shelf I use for my stereo. I'm in a small studio apartment.

6. George P

Thanks. The integrated I have now has a variable loudness control.

7. Fedot L

Fedot L Forum Resident

What’s the “particularity” of “B&W” speakers, please?

8. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

They like gobs of power reserves.

9. George P

Many thanks for the help, you guys! I decided to give the Yamaha A-S801 a try, since I could get one close to where I live and try it out with no risk for 30 days. So far it's going very well and only cost me $899.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2018
    Benzion likes this.