Rotel RX 203 no sound

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by bonzohammer, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonzohammer

bonzohammer New Member Thread Starter

Hi folks

wondered if someone could help? ive had a Rotel RX203 handed down to me, it worked for years then i moved house and all of a sudden, nothing! it powers up ok but i was annoyed to hook everything up and get no sound at all! ive tried headphones..nothing..Turntable..nothing, CD..nothing...Aux/Phono again nothing, even the radio isnt making the signal needled move about, speaker fuses arent blown and none of the 3 inside are blown, all wiring, although dusty, is still all connected to its connections, ive taken pics if anyone can assist?
    thanks

2. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

Always used to mean I had accidentally selected tape monitor. o_O

3. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Forum Resident

Or it could mean this.
    [​IMG]

4. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

Yup, check this or an EQ loop button, or loose preamp/power amp jumpers on the rear panel.

5. bonzohammer

bonzohammer New Member Thread Starter

haha, don't like seeing the reaper! TM isnt the prob, i opened it up, there was decades of dust but nothing looked blown, the speaker fuses are also ok
    i already have a Sony AV surround system so can use this but it doesnt have a preamp like the old days and the Rotel was just so great for something 40 years old
    reluctant to bin it if its a simple fix, any other ideas? would a HIFI shop be able to fix?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.