Royal Blood's 2nd LP "How Did We Get So Dark?" is coming June 16th!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Soundslave, Apr 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPJs Bass Guitar

JPJs Bass Guitar Forum Resident

Apparently not! I used the Amazon link in post #10 of this thread, and it went through no problem.

They send an email at 03:00 today (!) advising that they are awaiting stock. I've sent them an email, but I expect it'll be the usual 'suppliers let us down' that they normally send.

Disappointing I suppose, but what can you do?

2. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

I have found Amazon do this too often, I don't generally get a raw deal with Amazon so I can't complain to harshly about them but taking far more orders for limited items leads to most people being let down. I hope you get sorted.

3. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I didn't know this was coming out until today. It's a shame whatever press they had didn't filter down to me. Glad that Amazon delivers on Sunday!

4. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have ordered through Canada webstore, still no info regarding shipping. Glad they made 3 already released singles available though.

5. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Royal Blood - How Did We Get So Dark
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DR Peak RMS Filename

DR5 over -7.04 dB 01 How Did We Get So Dark_.m4a
    DR5 over -6.00 dB 02 Lights Out.m4a
    DR5 over -6.37 dB 03 I Only Lie When I Love You.m4a
    DR5 over -6.66 dB 04 She's Creeping.m4a
    DR6 over -6.95 dB 05 Look Like You Know.m4a
    DR6 over -6.88 dB 06 Where Are You Now_.m4a
    DR6 over -7.18 dB 07 Don't Tell.m4a
    DR6 over -7.88 dB 08 Hook, Line & Sinker.m4a
    DR5 over -7.17 dB 09 Hole in Your Heart.m4a
    DR5 over -7.69 dB 10 Sleep.m4a

Number of files: 10
    Official DR value: DR5

6. Frank

Frank Senior Member

No sophomore slump here. Solid.

7. Soundslave

As I exected after their debut. But in case of the s/t vinyl definitely sounds better. Hopefully they did the same with the new one.

8. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

She's Creeping is an awesome song.

Great groove with the accents on the open hihat.

9. Trevor_Bartram

Trevor_Bartram Senior Member

Just saw Royal Thunder on NPR's Tiny Desk, they are interesting too, it's obviously easy to confuse the band names!

Stormrider77 likes this.
  10. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Ok, so the indie white vinyl--is this just a U.K. release? I see it was a different barcode than the standard, but I haven't gone to a store yet to look for it.

Just curious.

11. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I can not wait to see these played live--and with Queens of the Stone Age, to boot!

12. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

The Signed Deluxe Ltd Edition version from their website that arrived the day before yesterday is not signed and I have read other people saying the same elsewhere too, RB released a note saying that it is on the inside of the sleeve but there is non on mine. Worth having a proper look for those who ordered it from them.

13. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Rock is not dead yet, great band!

Soundslave likes this.
  14. Tropehjelm

Tropehjelm Forum Resident

My "signed" did arrive without any signings. I have been listening to this for a while now,and think it is good,but a step down from their first album. For me their first is a 9/10,and this new one i would rank 7/10

Soundslave likes this.
  15. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk Grounded Space Cadet

Insta-purchase, based on the strength of their first album and EP. Definitely going to see them in October.

16. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

I finally picked up this album on vinyl. Its superb. Pressing is very quiet and the sonics are great - punchy and dynamic.

So much sound from just drum n bass.

17. Soundslave

Yeah, I got white vinyl for now since my deluxe is still somewhere in between Canada and Russia haha) Or maybe on its way from Moscow Customs...
    So far I'm happier with vinyl sound than with digital version once again. It's like they followed the same formula mastering-wise. Don't see a message or signature in the deadwax, but the sound is very similar, big, bassy and quite entertaining.

18. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Just got clued into these guys a few day ago and I'm impressed. A perfect answer to anyone who says rock is dead.

Use_Your_Koala and Stormrider77 like this.
  19. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I just bought tickets to see them in St. Pete in June it's gonna be awesome!

Use_Your_Koala likes this.
  20. Yesternow

Yesternow Forum pResident

Playing this one again, almost one year after first release.

It didn't get as much plays as their first CD. But it has some great tracks as well.

But that impact of their first album...
    Still remember when I saw a concert of them on TV, they made me play rock again.

The art work on the first album was also almost impossible to beat.

These kids kick ass!

21. Soundslave

Uhuh, I really hope they bring back their "rawness" together on the 3rd effort.

Roberto899 and Yesternow like this.
  22. Yesternow

Yesternow Forum pResident

I would like to see them working again with the same artist. I know bands must change... but that guy still had so much to offer
    [​IMG]

23. Dynamic Ranger

Dynamic Ranger Forum Resident

Love this album, and the debut! They rock hard! :thumbsup:

24. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

Just listening to the album on vinyl for the first time, very good to great! Sounds great on vinyl. Vinyl has a few pops but overall not too bad. As Larry David would say "it's pretty, pretty pretty good...."

25. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Anybody else see the post they made on Twitter with the date September 24th? New single? Hmmmmmm

Roberto899 and hutlock like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.