Ruby Tuesday -- correct version available digitally?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CBackley, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored Thread Starter

Previous threads about the Ruby Tuesday chorus mistake (missing harmony vocals in the chorus) are closed for further replies. Where can I get the correct Ruby Tuesday online? Is it corrected on the new mono box set? I'd like to download just that song. I sadly got rid of my old CDs when the 2002 SACDs came out.

2. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

Checking Spotify I think the correct stereo version is on the Through The Past Darkly U.K. tracklist album. All mono versions should be correct as I think the "incorrect" version was only found in stereo.

3. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

I don't know about downloads but on CD the correct stereo version is on Grrr!
    Not all mono versions are correct - The Singles Collection remaster does not have the correct mono version. Edit: the mono box has the correct mono version.

4. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored Thread Starter

Thanks!

Wikipedia (always accurate!) said that the Mastered for iTunes versions of albums should have the corrected Ruby Tuesday. I bought the version off the U.K. Through the Past Darkly last night. I'll test it soon to see if it's correct.

5. Joint Attention

Joint Attention Forum Resident

I had the same problem as the OP, all of my pre-1970 albums are the 2002 SACDs.

I picked up The Very Best Of The Rolling Stones 1964-1971 at Target for $10, and it has the corrected stereo version of Ruby Tuesday on it. I also have GRRR! on Blu-ray audio, which has the corrected stereo version in 24/96.

That left just the mono version, but I didn't want to buy the whole box set for just the one track. Luckily, Qobuz allows you to buy individual tracks from The The Rolling Stones In Mono, so I was able to download the corrected mono Ruby Tuesday in 24/192 and 16/44.

bmoregnr and ivor like this.
  6. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

Does Rolled Gold + from around 2007 include the correct version?

7. Joint Attention

Joint Attention Forum Resident

According to Wikipedia it does. I have one on order from Amazon UK, so I will let you know for certain.

sgtpppr84 likes this.
  8. GetHappy!!

GetHappy!! Forum Resident

It does, that was the first place it reappeared after the 2002 remasters.

sgtpppr84 likes this.
  9. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

What about the YouTube topic videos?

10. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

Every re-release since 2007 where Ruby Tuesday appears, uses the correct stereo or mono versions. On the 2002 editions, the 2003 vinyls and the Singles boxed sets, the underdub appears.

11. rjp

rjp Senior Member

Is it correct on the grrr box set?

I should ask first is it on the grrr box set?

12. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

Yes.

Lewisboogie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.