Rumors that Michael Anthony may rejoin Van Halen in 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Zep Fan, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bellagio Insider

Bellagio Insider Forum Resident

Does this new live album finally put to bed the conspiracy that they are piping in MA on backing vox? Wolf can be heard clearly singing them and singing them well.

2. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

Eddie is so used to being the ONLY guitar player onstage, with just a few exceptions over the years. Even Sammy (a more-than-competent guitarist) only played guitar on special occasions with the band.

Maybe they could just have Mike replace Alan "Fitz" Gerald as the secret keyboard player/singer backstage? They're already piping in his vocals so the sound won't change much...

3. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

That was a theory on his first tour 7-8 years ago. I don't think people are still saying that.

4. cubbykat

cubbykat Bringer Of Pain To Your Face

The dude above you is still saying it... just sayin'...

5. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

He may be singing them, but he sounds nothing like MA. The background vocals are still a missing ingredient in the band's current sound, IMO.

6. Bellagio Insider

Bellagio Insider Forum Resident

It should be noted all those wonderful background melodies that MA sang back in the day were written by David Lee Roth. Nowadays, they are being sung by Wolfgang Van Halen. Sure it's not Mike, but Wolf does a damn good job imo. The new live album is testament to that

7. Do you mean that DLR wrote the vocal melodies and MA came up with the harmonies or that DLR wrote everything to do with vocals? Also, what is your source for this?

8. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

Yes I want the source too. I heard evh arranged those backing vocals

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.