Rumours DVD Audio help needed!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris Desjardin, Sep 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member Thread Starter

Is there any way to play the high rez stereo mix of this disc? Or is it only downmixed from the surround? All my other dvd audio discs have the stereo choice on the TV menu, but this one I can't firure out. Or am I missing something? Help!!!!!

2. Roscoe

Roscoe Active Member

You can only play the hi-rez stereo tracks if you have a DVD Audio player. Using a regular DVD player, the stereo option doesn't even appear on the menu.

The multi-channel mix sounds like crap played through 2 channels.

BTW, there was a raging debate on another thread about whether the hi-rez stereo tracks on this DVD-A are the original stereo mixes or a remix or fold down of the multi-channel mix. My ears tell me that it's the original stereo mix, but others disagree.

If you have a DVD-A player, you should see the stereo option on the main menu. I think the stereo hi-rez layer sounds very good. Not so crazy about the multi-channel mix, though.

3. ultron9

ultron9 The quest for perspicuity and grace continues...

Yes, the player must be DVD Audio capable to recognize the high resolution two channel mix. After disc is loaded and main menu comes up there is an option for audio select. If the main menu does not come up automatically, try the menu key on you DVD remote to bring it up.

Hope this helps.

4. Andy

Andy New Member

I've not made the jump into DVD Audio. Do I understand correctly that a TV must be hooked-up somehow to the player to make play list choices?

5. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

No, you don't really need a TV but it helps.

Just put the disc onto the platter and press PLAY. The player will load the disc and go right into the first song. You can then FF using the remote like any cd player without a TV.

6. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member

why not just try pressing the AUDIO button on your remote? Whatever sound playback options you have should be reflected in the number of options available directly through the remote, without having to see it on the tele.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.