Rumours...yet again!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by VeeDub, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member Thread Starter

Does anyone have any idea if this stamper # on a used Mac/Rumours CD is a "good" (flat, early) mastering?:

3010-2 604121
    Made in Japan

I presume this is a US release made overseas & not a Japanese issue (?). Unfortunately, I gotta make a go/no-go decision on this info w/o knowing what the design ("target?") of the disc looks like; no chance to play "GDW" before buying. Thanks in advance, if anyone knows.

Mark

2. A couple of quotes from the Questions about the "secret remaster" of Fleetwood Mac *Rumours*. in December, 2002.
    Steve comments on the mastering and remastering of the CD.
    Steve comments on the sound of the CD.
    My copy, which I acquired only a month or so ago, is an early Japanese pressing: 3010-2 501178. As Steve said, it's not a great sounding disc, it just IS the first version of the CD, with the fade up on Gold Dust Woman. That is how you tell the difference. I also have the DVD-A which, IMHO sounds great.

3. I have a "Made in West Germany" cd of Rumours that has the fade up on GDW and has different eq on each track just like Steve suggests it should sound. Mebbe you all should be looking for GERMAN copies . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.