Sade Vinyl Box Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Sep 2, 2020.

1. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Kowalski, Tim 2, RVA_101 and 10 others like this.
  2. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Cool. That is, of course, if the mastering is great.

Looks to be a very simple classy white box with black lettering. Classy, just like Sade :cool:

3. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

OMG!!! This sounds amazing! October is going to be a very expensive month as there are a lot of great releases - I'm already getting the Bob Mould set and want New Order's "Power Corruption & Lies" box. This is a definite purchase for me!

joshm2286 likes this.
  4. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Forum Resident

I’m in....

Half speed mastered by Miles

5. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

"Sade and her band — Stuart Matthewman, Andrew Hale, and Paul Spencer Denman — helped remaster the albums at Abbey Road Studios alongside mixing engineer Miles Showell and producer Mike Pela."

Hmmm well Im not real thrilled Miles Showell is working on these (not a fan of most of the half speed masterings he does). Probably going to half speed them. But, given the nature of the music its possible that these might turn out differently good.

joshm2286 and Neonbeam like this.
  6. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Hoping for a new album.

7. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident Thread Starter

HMV
    This boxset features remastered versions of all of Sade's studio albums to date, on pure 180-gram black vinyl - the first complete collection of their studio work up to the present day. All six of the band's acclaimed albums: 'Diamond Life' (1984), 'Promise' (1985), 'Stronger Than Pride' (1988), 'Love Deluxe' (1992), 'Lovers Rock' (2000), and 'Solder of Love' (2010) are packaged into the beautifully finished, white case-bound box. Over an exceptional career spanning more than three decades, Sade's six albums have amassed over 60 million worldwide sales and have been certified platinum 24 times over.

joshm2286 likes this.
  8. tomd

tomd Senior Member

Gonna wait till some of these are available individually.My AF Diamond Life and Stronger Than Pride sound fantastic on vinyl.Would be great if they offered a cd box set as well and hi res downloads at some point.

9. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Another instant buy

RVA_101 likes this.
  10. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Why am I not seeing a link anywhere in that article?

11. AshS

AshS Forum Resident

12. rfkavanagh

rfkavanagh Unashamedly Pop!

“The elaborate, half-speed mastering process produced exceptionally clean and detailed audio whilst remaining faithful to the band’s intended sound. No additional digital limiting was used in the mastering process, so the six albums benefit from the advantage of extra clarity and pure fidelity, preserving the dynamic range of the original mixes for the very first time.”

We'll see...

I thought she'd been working on new music in the last couple of years - guess we'll have to wait another couple of years based on her Kate Bush-like release schedule.

joshm2286 likes this.
  13. ElevateMeLater

ElevateMeLater Jesus of Cool

I want it, I really do. Think I'm gonna have to wait though since there's still two more Record Store Days + RSD Black Friday that I'm looking at.

bmh5879 likes this.
  14. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

I want to be excited about this but... We will see.

15. marksxart

marksxart Forum Resident

Sade

pghmusiclover likes this.
  16. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Do we think the three 00's albums were recorded to tape?
    I suppose if they were digital studio recordings, there isn't too much harm going with Showell
    (whose work I also find has mixed results, at best).

Previous reissues from 2010ish seem to go for pretty strong prices, this set seems like it will have
    a good size market.

A press release from Sony describes the in-studio remastering process.

“Revisiting the audio, the band and Miles Showell worked from high resolution digital transfers of the stereo master mixes, from the original studio recordings, remastered at half-speed using Miles’ unique restored Neumann VMS80 cutting lathe, to perform the 12 sides of vinyl lacquer cuts. The elaborate, half-speed mastering process produced exceptionally clean and detailed audio whilst remaining faithful to the band’s intended sound.”

17. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Will the box set be released on compact disc?

joshm2286, ispace, Thorpy and 2 others like this.
  18. AFA

AFA Forum Resident

I have only listened to Diamond Life. Are the rest of her albums equally as good? Wonder if it will beat or even equal the AF reissue.

19. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Now, a one-step mfsl of Sade album? That would be sweet. Sorry daydreaming...back on topic.

20. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Sade, Im guessing, is a perfectionist when it comes to her music. IMO her first three are very much all great quality. If you like Diamond Life, I cant imagine not liking the next two at the very least.

She excells in quality more so than quantity. Just a very steady artist that doesnt waver much from the formula but always delivers beauty to her fans.

Promise...

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7A67YeJT9U51WOSaH8M2ltlDECJ3rHG2

Stronger Than Pride..

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6CEADBCA69CA0490

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  21. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

bever70 and groovelocked like this.
  22. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I can't see these being better than the AF releases.

But I am open to that and will hop on board if they are reviewed to be so. Love her music and recordings.

Nephrodoc, ToEhrIsHuman and Double E like this.
  23. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

I’d like 45rpm half-speed cuts on double LPs for all Sade albums. Where there’s extra room add the few b-sides, the important extended versions (Red Eye), original mixes from the first LP etc...

This is a nice clean classy set of the basics tho, bravo!

BlueGangsta and tomd like this.
  24. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident

Nice! Pre-ordered.

25. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

I hope these get issued as stand alones. Always wanted Love Deluxe on vinyl but prices were insane.

Double E and tomd like this.