Salon article on Paul and Yoko

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CardinalFang, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member Thread Starter

2. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member

I tend to agree with the article. John and Paul both had a multitude of sins to atone for: Paul with his MOR road to irrelevance, John for hinting with Double Fantasy that he was going to go in the same direction, the 'much ado about nothing' Yoko arguments on credit switching while both John and Yoko said -nothing- publicly when Wings Over America came out and did the same thing (and nobody else cared, either), but I think that very point backs up Paul's claim of St. Lennon vs. Pap Paul. Yoko's camp would have had a stronger argument if WOA never happened;)
    As it is, it's petty bickering. Paul shouldn't care. When he passes on, it should be obvious he'll be far more beloved than he is now. What I find sad is that most people don't realize what a treasure they still have by him still being with us. IMO, he's the finest melodic writer of the rock and roll era....that is an incredible honor, and it's -true-.

3. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member Thread Starter

I'm not sure what I think of this article. It seems biased to Paul. But how can you be unbiased about this thing? It's the Beatles! At least he didn't say that Yoko broke up the Beatles (we know who did... the Beatles themselves).

Now I see why nothing gets done over at Apple. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.