Saturday Night Live (SNL) 2014-2015 Season thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Marry a Carrot, Sep 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Same here. I couldn't understand why this was chosen as one of the "classics" for the 10pm time slot.

2. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

To make the current episodes look better?

The Hud likes this.
  3. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I thought the first half hour was pretty funny.

4. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

The "Bourbon Summit" was pretty funny. The show hasn't seemed to have a deft touch with political sketches since the '08 election, but this one really worked for me.

seed_drill and Dan C like this.
  5. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

The legalization of "pot" sketch was funny, only to find out it was only legal to carry it and not smoke it. LOL

Dan C likes this.
  6. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

Best one of the season. That is what they need to do more of. Much more consistent and funny all around.

Dan C, OldSoul and LSP2003 like this.
  7. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Did anyone have trouble understanding Woody Harrelson sometimes? Is something going on with his voice that makes him difficult to understand?

And in the last sketch in the bar I thought Woody looked a lot like Mike D from The Beastie Boys.

8. Mister Charlie

Yeah he was a bit mush mouthed.

9. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

They always have a a really good episode when I am starting to think about finally not watching anymore. This happens every year for me.

Dan C and OldSoul like this.
  10. Mister Charlie

I kind of thought the lack of criticisms meant others felt as you did and didn't bother watching. Harrelson was great, the writing and premises were really good most all the way across the board, the Update anchors are finally settling in to their new gigs nicely, yes, they brought in big guns to supplement the new cast but it seems everyone got a shot in some skit on this episode.

Dan C likes this.
  11. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

There were few skits that fell flat, being generally the opposite during most of the season. I hope that it continues.

12. That was painful to witness.

rburly likes this.
  13. jjhunsecker

jjhunsecker Senior Member

I think there was something wrong with his teeth, like if he had major dental work done in the past few days

14. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading. Thread Starter

Upcoming shows:

11/22: Cameron Diaz / Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars
    12/6: James Franco / Nicki Minaj
    12/13: Martin Freeman / Charli XCX
    12/20: Amy Adams / One Direction

15. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

The last 3 musical guests don't excite me, and I only care because I've noticed that every time the music was good so far, the episode was good, and every time it was more of a Top 40 act, the episode wasn't that great.

16. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Allright...I have to be honest. I have been pretty negative about just about everything concerning the new season. I now have to give credit where credit is due. I thoroughly enjoyed last weeks episode, which I just watched on my DVR...with Woody as host. First, as hard as it is for me to write this after being very negative about Colin...what do ya know...they have both really settled in nicely as Weekend Uodate hosts...sorry that I forget the other guys name. I realized at the end I enjoyed the co hosts! I never thought I was going to like Colin, but I do now. I found that I at least enjoyed all the skits, which is a first by far this season, and I laughed out loud at many! If they can keep the writing up to that level the majority of the time, they may find that SNL will become quite relevant again. I don't know if its a good thing formthem or not that I enjoyed it so much...I'm 53 and likely not their demographic, but I can say I am looking forward to next week, if not the host. Don't know how Cameron is going to do!

Mister Charlie and Dan C like this.
  17. OldSoul

The last episode was definitely the best of the season.

Mister Charlie likes this.
  18. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I prefer horrible music acts, as I have so little time to watch the show after the kid's asleep, that it makes it more doable if I can fast forward.

19. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

I love Amy Adams but won't One Direction's fans all be asleep at that time of night?

20. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

Tonight's episode was really disappointing. Last week was so good with Harrelson. Oh well....

21. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

Wow, usually there are some comments about each episode - I guess that this one really lost a lot of people!

22. OldSoul

I thought this episode was fine. I don't understand what all the hate's about. And it seems that conversation goes down when the episode was good enough that there aren't a bunch of criticisms.

Mister Charlie likes this.
  23. I watched the first half hour, but took my leave for reasons other than the lameness of the episode - it seemed OK enough to that point.

One observation: man, are we ever going to get a full season where the hosts deliver their monologues without resorting to Q&A's or getting propped up by the cast? Last night's was particularly crap, I wonder if it was written about 5 minutes before airtime.

MLutthans and darkmass like this.
  24. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

The rerun before with turkey suit Simon & Harrison was wonderful. It has been years since I saw it.

25. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

George Harrison & Paul Simon's music segment never gets old. Probably my favorite of all time on SNL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.