Saturday Night Live (SNL) 2014-2015 Season thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Marry a Carrot, Sep 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Christmas Mass Spectacular and The Office: Middle Earth were hilarious!

Dan C and Dudley Morris like this.
  2. Clever concept, but I thought it was too long by half.

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty good episode overall - some really good bits (most of them prerecorded, as is often the case lately), no major duds, and at least the musical guest was nice eye candy.

3. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Cute skit. Kenan makes me occasionally chuckle, but his characters are all essentially variations on one character, IMO.

4. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

That never occurred to me, but admittedly I'm a comedy junkie. I find the guy really funny.

And the rest of the cast in the What's Up With That sketches are also hilarious--Bill Hader as Lindsey Buckingham, Jason Sudekis as the dancer in the sweat suit. Those guys killed me also.

Dan C and stereoptic like this.
  5. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

opening was funny ,a few more laughs till news which was allright ,after that UGH!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

6. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I thought it was overall the best episode of the season. Consistently funny the whole night with some great sketches. Cecily's "One Dimensional Female Character In A Male Driven Comedy" was my favorite part of the night.

7. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

What's Up With That on paper should be asinine and stupid, especially the more they bring it out. And yet I laugh my ass off Everytime. Sudeikis especially.

keef00 and Dudley Morris like this.
  8. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

Get Kristen Wiig the **** AWAY from Studio 8H!! Ugh

9. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

"Is that so she can eat the dog? Because she's Asian?"
    :biglaugh:The most hilarious line from an SNL sketch in a while.

Dan C, seed_drill, LSP2003 and 2 others like this.
  10. So Amy Adams was supposed to be hosting, right? I swear I saw more of the ubiquitous Kristin Wiig.

LSP2003, krock2009 and OldSoul like this.
  11. misko

misko Forum Resident

I really can't recall , but when SNL first started , did every host have something to plug that week like they do these days?

12. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

No, almost all the hosts back then were either comics, actors or musicians (Paul Simon). Also, people in the news were hosts as well. I don't recall when the they started having hosts with something to sell or plug, but it became a regular part of the show with the exception of multiple time hosts (with a record of bringing in viewers).

13. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

My takeaway was: if Jack White and Johnny Depp mated, we'd have Harry Styles's current look.

14. Speaking of which: aside from the retarded tattoos a couple of them are sporting, which look like a 12 year old girl's idea of prison tats, One Direction aren't so bad as far as boy bands go. At least they seem to be focusing on the music rather than doing choreographed moves to stale EDM tracks.

Also: I think Colin Jost just might be on the cusp of being good, rather than "OK, I guess".

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    Jrr and seed_drill like this.
  15. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

They are basically a managed act, not a bunch hanging out together composing tunes.

rburly likes this.
  16. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

A found a pretty cool site to follow along with the classic episodes. The transcript outlines each sketch in order from the original broadcast. Interesting to see how different the order of the Paul Simon/George Harrison episode actually aired compared to what was shown a few weeks back and also which sketches were missing.
    http://snltranscripts.jt.org/

17. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Overrated!

18. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading. Thread Starter

Coming up:

1/17: Kevin Hart / Sia

1/24: Blake Shelton (host and musical guest)

19. misko

misko Forum Resident

Didn't Hart host just last year? If I recall, it was a lousy show imho. I'm sure he must have something to plug as this seems to be the formula for SNL these days.

20. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Figuring you're probably right, I looked him up at IMDB, and lo and behold he has a new movie out January 16th, "The Wedding Ringer".

I thought Hart was mostly lousy last time he was on too, but "Z-Shirt" was kinda funny.

21. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading. Thread Starter

It was the season before last (March 2, 2013).

Kevin Hart probably always has something to plug. I went to see Top Five today, and before the movie started there were trailers for two Kevin Hart movies. And then 10 minutes into Top Five, Kevin Hart showed up in a cameo.

DeeThomaz likes this.
  22. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Talk about a Hart Attack!

Marry a Carrot likes this.
  23. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I just got around to watching the Dec 20 broadcast. Middling at best for me. But did anyone hear Kate McKinnon drop the f-bomb in the "Whiskers R We" bit? When Amy Adams first starts playing with her blouse top, it sounds like McKinnon says "don't **** with that." It was probably written don't fuss with that but it sure sounded like **** to me.

24. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Charlie XCX's performances were the highlight of the last few shows for me. If I were 35 years younger. . . :)

25. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Fixed. ;)

stereoptic and Aggie87 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.