Saturday Night Live (SNL) 2014-2015 Season thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Marry a Carrot, Sep 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

And Jon Hamm as James Mason.

Tex_Writer and mpayan like this.
  2. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

3. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

4. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

For some reason, I'm thinking the name Brochtune is related to this skit. Yes?

5. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading. Thread Starter

Agree... but will they wait until the end of the season or get Sudeikis when Bill "Lindsey Buckingham" Hader hosts?

6. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

I've never understood how Kenan has lasted this long on the show. He's always seemed like a one-trick pony to me.

Surely it wasn't "Good Burger" that convinced Lorne to give him a shot...

7. modrevolve

Wow..Daryl Hammond as the new announcer :yikes:

8. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Yes, that's been known for a couple of weeks now. I'm happy for Daryl -- he's been through a hell of a lot in his life, and I think he's due for a cushy job. Incidentally, he sometimes filled in for Don Pardo in recent years, doing an imitation of Pardo that most people (including myself) never noticed.

9. Remington Steele

Remington Steele Forum Resident

Man, the storms here in Utah have NBC out of service, gonna have to settle for something else right now.

10. modrevolve

Right I was aware of this I was just surprised how nondescript his announcing was. I would have almost preferred his Pardo impression.

I don't mean to be THAT guy but neither one of us laughed once the entire show and went to bed after Update. I mean who have Pratt and Killam dressed as He-Man and Lion-O from Thundercats and the best you could come up with was numerous fondling jokes?

11. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

Looks like this season they are settling for "strange" in place of "funny". I think Darrell Hammond's VO work was my favorite thing. I was surprised how many punchlines Michael Che mangled-maybe it's nerves.

The opening looked really cheap- usually SNL has flashier stuff-looks like they really threw it together this year.

12. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Got as far as the first skit and gave up. I dont know who the host is. I dont know what turnt means. Thundercat touches his pee pee. Meh.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  13. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I liked the "Kids Gang" skit a lot. Shame they feel a need to cram stuff like this into the back-half of the show.

14. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Weak season opener. Agree how poor Che performed. But I do like the new kid who had the weekend update segment about going down on a guy. I thought that was very funny.

15. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

The two guests on Weekend Update (new kid and relationship expert) were the only funny things on the whole show.

Man, that was dreadful. Even Darrell.

Ed Hughes likes this.
  16. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

Boy was that show lame!!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  17. modrevolve

That sketch about the Veterinarian where people bring there pets and they end up dead is NOT FUNNY!!!
    We just lost one of our cats a few months ago and it's still very painful to us.

18. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

Had to Google "turnt"..The sound mix for Hammond was lousy, or maybe that is how it is suppose to sound. Are all "new" musical guests going to sound Amateur Hour contestant ready? And she is selling out large houses around the country.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  19. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Congrats...first bashing of a musical guest this season. Your family will be very proud of you for achieving this honor.

20. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Surprised Hammond didn't do his Don Pardo impression. Otherwise, a bad show.

21. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Brocktoon it is!
    "That sounds like a Pepperidge Farm cookie, and that A-OK with me!"

22. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Incredibly unfunny. Never heard of the host or the musical guest. Loved the Richard Pryor repeat earlier though!

23. Indy500

Indy500 Forum Resident

It's deeply disturbing to me that anything as debauched and base as "would you... for a million bucks" could even get conceived and written let alone approved for network television.

I don't mean to come off as prudish or self-righteous but this is cultural rot and frankly I'm tired of being assaulted with it.

Goodbye SNL

24. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Hint: Don't know who the host is? GOOGLE IT. :laugh:

25. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Never a good sign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.