Saturday Night Live (SNL) 2015-2016 Season thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Marry a Carrot, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Pretty alright episode last night, loved the dead poet society spoof, and Courtney Barnett kicked serious ass

2. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

I loved the Andy Samberg song about "F--- Bin Laden." :D Dead Poets Society too.

3. Well, at least the show is going out for the year on a high note - this was possibly the best episode of the season. Pretty much every sketch got a laugh outta me, which hasn't often been the case in recent years. Fred A. brings it on all levels.

And yeah, that Dead Poets Society sketch was something - just when I started wondering where they were gonna go with it, the sh!t - or whatever - hit the fan. :laugh:

mr. scratchy esq and MRamble like this.
  4. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I didn't like it as much as others seem to. . . but it was nice to see Larry, Jason, Maya, Andy and Fred in action again.

5. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

I only saw the Fred Armison "Regina" sketch, which I thought was only slightly funny, but you can sure tell the difference when a comedian is allowed free range with their ideas.

6. I'll just add that, while it didn't have a heckuva lotta comedy value, the "Harkin Brothers" sketch was worthwhile just to see Cecily Strong and Vanessa Bayer in that '70s-style "hippie mama" drag. :love:

agentalbert likes this.
  7. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

Must've really not had a lot of comedy value because I can't remember what sketch you're talking about at all.
    Edit: Oh wait, the band?

8. "Summertime in Fayetteville, hot hot summertime..."

9. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

That episode was right up there on my list for best episode of the year. Easily the most enjoyable music guest that've had for me in a long time.

chacha likes this.
  10. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

The Fred Armisen episode was probably the best of the season. I think that was certainly the best monologue segment we've had in awhile. I laughed at every sketch, plus add a good Maya Rudolph and one of my favorites "Willie The Optimist" during WU - loved it!

11. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

I thought it was a very strong show. Farewell Mr. Bunting was hilarious. The setting, wardrobe, hair styles, dialg was an excellent parody of Dead Poets' Society. This in itself was classic, but the payoff was incredible. I haven't heard the audience laugh that loud and long for many an SNL season. Summertime in Fayettville was another excellent skit as well. I'm thinking that was Fred's idea to parody the Delaney and Bonnie / 1970's supergroup vibe.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  12. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I liked that Fred did a little bit of his Prince impression in the monlogue.

I could watch Regine all day. It is so funny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.