Schiit Jil analog / digital converter

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by wownflutter, Sep 25, 2017.

1. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

I've had a Schiit Jil for about three weeks, and I'm using it with Vinyl Studio on my MacBook Pro. I've done three rips at 24/96, and they sound great. For $199, it's a great product.

2. patient_ot

patient_ot Forum Resident

Would love to see comparison tests to similarly priced devices, e.g. Scarlet, phono preamps with USB output, etc.

Robert C, c-eling and Kyhl like this.
  3. wgallupe

wgallupe New Member

Anybody know what the Jil's input impedance is?

4. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

It doesn't say in the owners manual, or on the website. I just sent them an email.

wgallupe likes this.
  5. wownflutter

wownflutter Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don't know much about Mac Books, but it looks like each time that I change bitrate, I will have to change settings in Windows recording options. Not a problem. I'll just set it and forget it.

6. Fair Hedon

Fair Hedon Well-Known Member

I decided it is just better to capture at 24/192 then master at 24/96. So not a biggie.

7. Drew769

Drew769 Forum Resident

I’ve had the Schiit Jil about a week now, and I’m still on the fence. I’m not sure I hear much difference at all from using my MBP’s internal A/D converter. I can run an RCA to mini jack cord from my preamp into my MBP’s microphone input. The sound isnt much different at all. In fact, the high hat on the song “I Wouldn’t Want To Be Like You” from my UHQR of Alan Parson I Robot sounds almost crystallized on the Schiit, but it’s more refined through the MBP. I’m doing some more test recordings, but it looks like this one might be going back.

8. patient_ot

patient_ot Forum Resident

That doesn't sound too promising...

9. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

Could you post samples?

patient_ot and dmckean like this.