"sealed" dcc lp?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ted Bell, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist Thread Starter

Just received a "sealed" dcc lp that I won in an E-bay auction from one of the major dcc sellers. Price was good, not great. This was sealed in a loose fitting heavy poly bag with clear packing tape on one side. There is a definite 1.5" seam split on the top front cover of the gatefold. The disc looks unplayed. As this is the first dcc lp I've seen, I'm not sure how they're supposed to be sealed. The seller noted on his invoice "Still sealed. Perfs on Right side are intact. Last one!" I don't plan on re-selling (I purchase music purely for listening). Opinions please!

Thanks,
    Jay N.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Clear packing tape? Please explain further. DCC LP's were indeed sealed in loose fitting poly with perfs on the right.

Is the jacket numbered on the back?

3. Ted Bell

Steve,
    Perfs were on top (not at disc opening). By clear packing tape, I mean that 2" heavy transparent tape-one piece on each side of the perforated area. LP is numbered and is definitely one of yours., sleeve doesn't have any markings or stickers. This is from reputable DCC seller on Ebay (I have bought CDs from him before-this is my first LP).

Thanks,
    Jay

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Hmmmmm, that's weird.

The perfs should be on the right side, where the record opens. Does the poly have a gold sticker on front? It should say:

DCC (logo)
    180+ Pure Virgin Vinyl
    Analogue Pressing

If not, I don't know what it is....

5. Ted Bell

No sticker. Based on your infomation it has definitely been re-sealed. I may contact dealer, but I definitely don't want to send it back if album plays OK. I'm just happy price wasn't too high ($33) for dcc vinyl. It's just that it was advertised "sealed".

Thanks!
    Jay

6. Andy

Andy New Member

Sounds like a rewrap. I don't know why but on my copy of Saxophone Colossus the perfs were on the bottom.

7. KLM

KLM Senior Member

Which lp was it? $33 may still be a good deal for a resealed lp in mint condition. You may want to contact the seller and see what he is willing to do. When I have been disatisfied with an ebay seller that is honest, they will usually discount the product and send me a check or credit my card for some agreed upon amount.

8. Tony Caldwell

Tony Caldwell Senior Member

My Elvis 24 Karat hits has the perfs on the right side. The big DCC sticker is on the front (upper right). The #d sticker is on the back at the bottom. It is the only DCC LP that I was able to get.

Tony

9. AudioGirl

AudioGirl Forum Resident

Tony... If that's the only DCC LP you were able to get, at least you got a good one!!

:D :D

10. Andy

Andy New Member

I just went through some records. I noticed a few didn't have the gold sticker on the wrapper. Did DCC LPs always have the sticker on the poly bag?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.