Seattle record stores

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Surly, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surly

Surly Bon Viv-oh-no-he-didn't Thread Starter

I'm going to Seattle this weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions on record stores I should check out? I'm looking for places that specialize in new wave, imports, and used CDs...particularly stores that "buy whatever you bring" as opposed to stores that only cherry pick what they can use. If anyone is familiar with Cheapo's in Minneapolis or The Princeton Record Exchange, those would be a good model of what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

2. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

Taken from a previous thread:

* Tower Records - 520 5th Ave. N (Downtown Seattle)
    This store is so close to the Space Needle you can pretty much throw a rock at it and hit it. They just recently moved to the address given. Their old location was right across the parking lot, like 50 feet away (500 Mercer St).

* Everyday Music - 112 Broadway Ave. E. (Capitol Hill District)
    My friends and I frequent this store (they're based in Portland, OR, and this is their only store outside of Oregon). They just recently redesigned the place: it's now two stories, with the upstairs dedicated to rock and rap, I believe. Definitely hit this place up... it's a nice big store, and they've got one of the best used CD selections in town, in addition to carrying vinyl, VHS, DVD, etc.

* Bop Street Records - 5219 Ballard Ave NW (Ballard District)
    A vinyl lover's wet dream. If you're into vinyl, you must pay a visit, no question. Don't let the small selection upstairs fool you... to get to the real meat, you have to go down to... the basement!!!

* Easy Street Records - 20 Mercer Street (Technically in the Queen Anne District, but closer to Downtown, I guess)
    This is this indie chain's second store, and it's still fairly new (I believe it opened sometime in 2002 or 2003). Good selection of new and used CD's, vinyl, etc. You might also want to pay a visit to their original store in West Seattle, located at 4559 California Ave. SW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.