"Secret passages" in houses in old films

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Baba Oh Really, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

I took a tour of it.....cool house and well worth visiting.....near San Jose, CA

2. Quidsane

Quidsane Forum Resident

Made my day!:cool:

3. ROLO46

ROLO46 Forum Resident

Very common in England
    Priest holes to hide a Catholic priests during Cromwell s 17th C reign
    Underground passages connecting manor to church and shore to manor for smuggling Brandy.

4. A lot of mega-mansions now come standard with a hidden "safe room" in case they are robbed.

5. Chip Z

Chip Z Forum Resident

Surprised nobody's referred to this book yet. I thought it was pretty good.

The Devil in the White City

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Wouldn't you know... Leonardo DiCaprio bought the film rights a year ago. Maybe he'll star as the twisted doctor himself...

Trying to show the convoluted secret doors, tunnels, and torture rooms will be a challenge. I love the little detail that the mad doctor hired different construction crews to do different parts of the house, so he himself was the only person who knew how everything connected together! (Kinda like the Batcave.)

7. preferred user

preferred user Member

Ditto

I`ve been to the mystery house twice. Wild place even has a staircase that goes nowhere.

8. billdcat

billdcat Well-Known Member

Atta boy, Luther!

9. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

My uncle had a house that had a secret passage linking what many years prior had been the servants quarters to the kitchen.

10. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

The Biltmore House was used in The Private Eyes, an old Tim Conway/Don Knotts movie. I've never seen it, but I've been to The Biltmore House several times.

11. The apartments next to me have them. They are behind the dining room hutches. You'd pull on a side hidden handle and the whole thing came out from the wall to reveal a very large space for hiding a lot of stuff...or people. Neat.

12. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

What about "The Castle Of...aaaaahhhhhh!!!"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.