Selling of classic rock for tv ads

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joseph, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike

Mike New Member

They would be sued and then be required to defend themselves. There's no way they could get away with it.

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

The fact is, some of these songs and artists don't get exposure like they did, and ASCAP and BMI pay diddly. Some artists have decided the 2nd best "radio" is car commercials. All the power to them, yes, another vote for me. Heck, they need to hold on to the music. I don't want them selling it to another Klein! And neither do they!

3. Kevin Sypolt

Kevin Sypolt Senior Member

Hmmm, I never thought of that. BTW, I believe "Like a Rock" was used by Chevy, not Ford, FYI... :cool:

4. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

The way I understand it, Jackson owns the rights to the songs but not the original recordings. So the actual Beatle performances cannot be used without the Beatles' persmission.

Mud-

5. reechie

reechie Senior Member

As noted, just that one time, but that's why I said "Sold out, or BEEN sold out."

6. Mike V

Mike V New Member

Hey la, hey la, Chunky's back!

With nuts & raisins & chocolate galore...

Hey la, hey la, Chunky's back!

:hurl:

7. Mike V

Mike V New Member

And boy does it sound like ****! What did they do to that poor track. Compressed, echo'd & flanged fast fade out (or some other weirdo stuff). My wife thinks I'm kookoo when I point this irritating stuff out. :laugh:

8. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

Did you sell out if you get money for songs you recorded and sold to get money for in the first place?

I don't really care who lets what get used in commercials. I don't consider you a sell out unless you actually start changing your music and dilluting its quality simply in order to sell more discs. That's selling out in my book.

But hey, your song on the television instead of the radio? I got no problem with that. Make great music, and then market the hell out of it. If you're good, you deserve the dough. God knows there are plenty of awful artists rolling in it...

JMHO

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.