Sepultura Box Set - The Roadrunner Albums: 1985-1996

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chip Z, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chip Z

Chip Z Forum Resident Thread Starter

Saw this the other day at my local. 6 discs. $98.

Has anybody heard it or seen any reviews?

2. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Did you see if the discs had any bonus tracks?

3. Chip Z

Chip Z Forum Resident Thread Starter

4. zeuhl

zeuhl Forum Resident

Got it on Saturday. Only bonus track is listed on Schizophrenia. Everything else is the straight issue. Great box, repro inner sleeves included with audiophile innersleeves in each lp. Innersleeve of Morbid Visions is the sleeve to Bestial Devastation in B&W . Very nice collection of the essential Sepultura in one place.

5. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Anyone know if these are new masterings or reusing older ones? Is Bestial still a needle drop?

6. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

To answer my own question, I can hear the vinyl crackle on the Amazon samples so still no luck in getting a tape sourced Bestial EP.

Anyone have the CDs? Are these new remasters or did they reuse previous ones?

7. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I just ordered this today on Amazon. I don't have any previous versions to compare them to ;however, I did compare the auto rips to previous versions in the dr database. They appear to be the same remasters that were done in 1997. I don't know that for sure and I could not find anything online. The Amazon reviews were not helpful.

I only compared Morbid Visions and Beneath The Remains which both show a dr 7. I realize this is not a good indication of SQ but it's the best I could do for now. I will give them a listen tonight. My guess is they will be about the same.

8. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I've had a few hours to listen to these on my iPhone. My guess is they re-used the previous remasters. It has been years since I listened to any of the previous versions so I could be wrong. These sound ok. They are not great but they will do fine. I'm enjoying them.

9. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Thanks. I was guessing they probably re-used those same remasters. They've used them a couple times already. They must no longer have a tape source for Bestial, which is a shame. The first Schizo CD issue was also vinyl sourced, but all the releases after have been tape sourced. I was hoping that would eventually happen to Bestial, but they just keep using the same vinyl transfer.

10. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

The original mastertape of "Bestial Devastation" seems to be lost forever...so the only way to get it right is to use the stuff from a nice vinyl source...I don't like the version on the 1997 remasters / or the early CD release, so I did my own transfer from the original split LP.
    The only vinyl-sourced "Schizophrenia" CD version was the SHARK RECORDS release, all other versions were sourced from a mastertape.
    The only unremastered version (flat transfer from the master) was released on FAR EAST SYNDICATE in Japan, all other CD versions are remastered (3 different remasters are available...1st one on Roadrunner 1990, 2nd in 1997 and the 3rd one released as Anniversary Edition on Cogumelo).
    Nothing beats the original Cogumelo LP !!!

nosliw likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.