"Seven Psychopaths"- I liked it!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vince, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

I went into this movie pretty blind. I only knew that it was from the same guy who made "In Bruges". While I'll admit, the idea of someone having 'writers block' is already a spent concept, it had plenty of comedy, and 'talking about nothing' to keep me interested. And, perhaps it's the actors, but you can't help but care for the characters.
    I recommended it.

--------------------------------------------
    "The Enigma Of David's Toe" by Vincent Cannata
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...ata/1112803717
    "A wild ride of conspiracy theories, reincarnation, and occult weirdness..... you know, a comedy."

nbakid2000 and alexpop like this.
  2. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

How was Tom Waits in it?

3. vince

Very good. I won't spoil it for you, but his plot is one of the times where the film goes 'off-tangent', which is one things that make a movie.... well, how can I say this.... it's a strike against it. But, like most of the audience, I went with it, and was satisfied.

--------------------------------------------
    "The Enigma Of David's Toe" by Vincent Cannata
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...ata/1112803717
    "A wild ride of conspiracy theories, reincarnation, and occult weirdness..... you know, a comedy."

4. Robin L

Robin L Musical Omnivore

"This watch I got here was first purchased by your great- grandfather. . ."

Hey—Christopher Walken on Peyote, man. I mean, what's not to like?

[​IMG]

5. clayton

clayton Senior Member

Count me in as a fan, I really enjoyed this movie, Christopher Walken in another offbeat role!!

6. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I'm looking forward to this movie.

7. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Entertaining and fun. I have four criteria for movies: (1)must be seen And on the big screen (2)big screen or Cable (3)glad I waited for it on cable (4)shouldn't be watched ever.

This one is a (2).

And Tom Waits was very good. Woodie was also good. But Christopher Walken stole the show.

8. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Very offbeat, very enjoyable, and Walken is very memorable. Just a heads up - it's much more violent than I thought it was going to be - the trailer doesn't allude to this very much.

9. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I am seeing this on Friday.

I wanted to see it last week when it was released, but the person I was with wanted to see Taken 2 instead. So, I agreed.

I love Christopher Walken and everything he's in/on. I also look forward to seeing all these guys interact on the screen and what type of chemistry they have: Walken, Farrell, Rockwell, Harrelson, Waits and the 2 girls.

10. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

This is a great movie! For me, it's one of the best movies that I've seen this year.
    I hope somehow it finds an audience, no one spent a lot of money on TV ads.

Go see it, you'll have fun.

alexpop likes this.
  11. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

Didn't grab me the way In Bruges did, but definitely worth seeing. Sam Rockwell is hilarious. He seems to improve every movie he's in.

alexpop likes this.
  12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

as usual Christopher Walken stole the show, but everyone else was wonderful as well...

13. peteham

peteham Senior Member

I finally saw this tonight. I thought it was pretty poor. Charmless, self-conscious, witless. I really liked In Bruges, but this one alienated me.

14. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Tom made the wife and I howl for an exchange at the start of his character's appearance.
    The gore was a bit much, even though it was cartoony. Also a bit too long Bruges was definitely better, but this was a lot of fun.

15. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

I enjoyed it.

16. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

This film is about as meta as it gets, not often you get to watch a movie about the writing of the screenplay of the movie you are currently watching. The unconventional style is liable to confuse a good 70% of the people that watch it (my roommates included, who were confused throughout) but for those game, it's great fun.

brew ziggins likes this.
  17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

for me it's all about Christopher Walken If he wasn't it this I may have a different opinion...he just spruces up everything he appears in.:)

alexpop and Larry Mc like this.
  18. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Just finished watching this.... really dug it! :)

19. vince

Good..... maybe, someday,this movie will have some kind of 'cult' status....

20. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Future all time classic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.