Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hole Got Fixed, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texquad

texquad Senior Member

My Amazon order was scheduled to arrive on the day of release instead I got it the next day.
    Has anyone had this happen to them and did you complain and get anything out of it?

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

On such a sad day as this for me, such kindness means more than it normally would. Thank you sincerely.

SteelyNJ and jamesmaya like this.
  3. AndyNicks

AndyNicks Forum Resident

Anyone else's deluxe edition come with a copy of the new vinyl as well? I was under the impression that the deluxe was just the 6 CD's and blu ray. Maybe a happy mistake? Lol?

4. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

It's not vinyl. Open it

5. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

That's why I'm with you with regards to Amazon, got mine release day, no problem

Mazzy and Benno123 like this.
  6. Myke

So now the time of departure from the wrong state has changed significantly. Priority should not sit in the wrong state for 18 hours. Even with a Tuesday delivery, I expected it to have at least arrived in Nashville by now.

@jamesmaya - your having been there really does help. :tiphat:

jamesmaya likes this.
  7. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

You were right on the call for me to. It showed up at my post office this morning just in time to go out with the mail delivery truck.

Definitely sorry for you because I know this loss has to hit you hard.

Myke likes this.
  8. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Let's not lump everyone's orders into the "same truck". Yes, some here are trying to save some cash - perfectly understandable given the price ain't cheap. However, it sounds like some have perfectly reasonable expectations to have received the set by now, especially if the provided Estimated Date has passed.

9. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

:thumbsup:
    ...and the shipment sure won't be going anywhere on Monday as it's holiday. You'd need a special "Midnight Rider" to get that parcel to you on Tuesday. ;)

10. Myke

Oh, it's supposedly departed again. Second time today. 15 hours after the first time it departed.
    There are employees that are unseen by the public, still working nights, weekends, not sure about holidays. First time one of them scared me, in the middle of the night mailing a letter, I consulted my step-father / postal employee.

lightbulb likes this.
  11. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

For though they may be parted,
    There is still a chance that they will be
    At your shipping address, let it be, let it be....

Myke likes this.
  12. Ivan

Ivan Forum Resident

It makes me wonder how many of the people making the "vinyl" comment even looked at the photo of the set in the press release. The LP-like CD book is right there in the picture...

Wingsfan2012 and frogfog like this.
  13. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

I came home today from work and was surprised to see it outside my door this soon. I wasn't expecting it until next Saturday. I guess they expedited orders? And no, I'm not a Prime member.

14. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Dude, that face really scared me.....
    Beave

15. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

When I first opened the package, I thought they put a vinyl in too. But I thought...no way in hell was I getting a $40 "freebie". Looks like I have a lot of listening and viewing to do. And there's the hardback book. I'm glad I ordered this. Scary thought though - how many discs will the White Album be?

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  16. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

Rockaway in Silverlake (LA) had 6 copies - down to one @$159.00.

17. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

Update - I got a shipping notice email from Amazon IT. Says arriving June 15 (vinyl arriving June 13). The good news is I also gota shipping notice from amazon US for the 2CD and Southall book - says arriving Monday May 29. I'm not holding my breath, since Monday is a holiday, but I may actually get to hear the remix before the weekend is over!

Although I haven't heard the mix yet, there seem ro be a variety of opinions (mostly over at the other thread). I don't really understand the griping - for me, every version sounds a bit different (I own probably 2 dozen copies of Sgt Pepper form various countries and labels). I like 'em all! Vive la difference!

jamesc and lightbulb like this.
  18. texquad

texquad Senior Member

FYI-Because I received my Amazon per-ordered box the day after it's release and bitched about it Amazon stepped up and refunded me $30. So that means I got it for less than $100!
    BTW I was shocked to see that they now are selling the box for $30 more than the per-release price. What's up with that?

19. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

I just received an exchange copy from Amazon this morning. All looks good this time.

The first copy, a corner of the box was not assembled correctly and was split. I didn't notice it until I placed the box open, flat on a table.

Both copies have the lenticular picture pasted on a couple of degrees off axis.

20. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Music Direct did not charge me sales tax, so it was cheaper for me. I was comparing to Amazon, which does charge me tax. However, the main reason I chose MD was that I've ordered from them before, and I like their packing and shipping (FedEx has been good to me). Amazon is so hit-and-miss with their packaging, and I've had trouble receiving my Prime deliveries on time recently.

Anyway, I did get my Pepper box on Friday at 12:54PM, yay! In perfect condition.

MYKE, I hope you got yours too (I am still reading through all the posts). :tiphat:

Wingsfan2012 and Myke like this.
  21. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

This happens on Amazon sometimes. If you pre-order or order right at the time of release, the price will be a "sale" price but that can change maybe a week or so afterwards and the Amazon price will show an increase a bit closer to the list pricing. It's really their incentive for you to order right away instead of waiting.
    It's the same as a B&M retail location who will have new releases on sale for the week (or so) that the items come out and then revert to "regular" prices after that.

22. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Is this thing down to 50 bucks yet?

23. Randy Goldberg

Randy Goldberg Forum Resident

Ordered the Japan SHM cd version from Amazon. Not being released till June 2. My expectations are going lower and lower after reading about how this thing was mastered.

24. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

Mine didn't get here from Bull Moose yet so I'm hoping to see it on Tuesday. I'm not going to pre-judge because of what I'm reading on here. I'm just going to sit back and listen and check out the differences in the new mix which should give me a fresh perspective.

25. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

The price went UP at amazon

$150

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.