Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hole Got Fixed, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

I have ordered from Am. Italy many times. The one time I had a problem I had them to phone me (the representative spoke English) and the problem was resolved. You can do this on any Amazon site by following the help directions.

Kim Olesen and lightbulb like this.
  2. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

You'll be having to do that for a long time to come........:D

Johnny Reb and dewey02 like this.
  3. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Just checked my Amazon Ca order and it still shows my order on the Your Orders page. The prices is still showing the same cheap price from yesterday, the title is still incorrect but now it shows an image of the 6 disc Sgt Pepper Super deluxe set. Whoopie!

4. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

No need to apologize, especially as the actual upcoming Anniversary Box Set is a BETTER release than your joke/fake release!

5. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Great posts! Worth bumping for new readers

6. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

It is. I just thought it was funnier to do it without since i do know a tiny bit of italian.

7. Radardog

Radardog Forum Resident

Just went with AmazonIt as well...Still $97. Will have to wait but worth the savings. I have the Dead '77 coming early May to keep me busy.

budwhite likes this.
  8. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Does anyone here, who may have ordered to the UK from Amazon Italy previously, know when I could expect to have the set delivered?

I'm presuming it will delay it by a few days, although some people are saying that they're all actually distributed from the same place so maybe it won't delay it!?

Also not sure whether me being a UK Prime customer gets me any sort of delivery benefits when ordering from the Italian site :shrug:

9. BigDanT

BigDanT Forum Resident

Well for that price they can stick it where the sun don't shine

BuckNaked and mestreech like this.
  10. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

11. IronWaffle

IronWaffle It’s all over now, baby blue

I managed to get in an Amazon.ca order when it was still listed at ~$60 Canadian. I see it as a coin toss whether it will be honored or not. Obviously, no one knows how it will be handled, but does anyone here have a notion when customers will be notified? I won't cry foul (though I'll cry a little!) if they don't honor it, but the sooner I find out the better so I can order elsewhere. Nothing prevents me from doing that now -- except even when I keep good records, things sometimes fall through the cracks and I neither want nor can afford two copies.

12. My experience with other Amazon error-pricing issues is that the cancellation notices are made quickly (as in a few days at most).

GOS and IronWaffle like this.
  13. Once I pre-ordered a Nintendo 3DS from Amazon that they priced 2.99 instead of 299 and they sent me it at that price (and I weren't alone) ... so keep your fingers crossed... their fault!!!

14. BigDanT

BigDanT Forum Resident

Its £109.99 at HMV if anyones interested. Its still to expensive for me

TeacFan and OobuJoobu like this.
  15. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Ah hell. I preordered both from amazon. Easily cancelled, we'll see how the prices drop. may get deluxe cds first and vinyl later in the year, but hopefully prices will go down enough to not sweat it

16. I want the 6 CD/Blu ray deluxe, but I'll be damned if I'll pay $150. For $150, I want Paul and Ringo, dressed in their Sgt. Pepper uniforms, to deliver it personally to my house, and I want Paul to play "With A Little Help From My Friends" on my Rickenbacker bass, while Ringo (Billy Shears) sings it.

Failing that, I'm prepared to wait until the price comes down. A lot.

Jae, Mickey2 and BuckNaked like this.
  17. It is available for $100 now (at The Beatles site and Amazon Italy). Still too much for me, but a lot better than $150.

18. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

Does Amazon charge for preorders when the order is placed or when it's processed/preparing to ship?

19. When the order is processed for shipping.

GOS likes this.
  20. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

That's good, decent chance that Amazon will need to reduce their price to compete then!

21. agn

agn Forum Resident

The latter.

Embracetheday likes this.
  22. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

When it ships.

Embracetheday likes this.
  23. sonnyrock

sonnyrock Forum Resident

I ordered the Flowers In The Dirt box from them and it arrived on the Tuesday after release. The box came from Italy, but I've also ordered other large sets from them that have been shipped locally from here in the UK. I don't have Prime, so can't help you on that score.

OobuJoobu likes this.
  24. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Every chance now. And given that the Beatles official online store has it listed for £100, they may try and undercut that too. Still not as cheap as Amazon Italy though.

OobuJoobu likes this.
  25. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

From my experience (& I am a Prime customer) you won't get it next day but it only takes two or three. Your "prime" status does not show up on the overseas sites. My FITD from Germany was astonishingly fast. But then of course, it didn't come from Germany and I doubt that these will come from Italy. My only other experience of Amazon Italy was actually for an Italian band (Litfiba - Check out the Spirito album. Its great!) and that took a little longer for obvious reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.