Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hole Got Fixed, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammy davis junior

sammy davis junior Forum Resident

the interesting thing about amazon just cancelling all those orders is that - if a third party seller did that to that many orders, due to a "pricing error", they'd be banned from selling on the site. it's also a shame that all other sellers could be penalized with negative customer feedback when this sort of thing happens, apart from amazon themselves.

Surferghost and evilpants like this.
  2. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

Find a dictionary and look up ill gotten gains. Nobody who ordered from Amazon.ca did that. No one is playing the victim here. We all knew there was a good chance this wouldn't go through.

So if you were a merchant, you wouldn't want customers ordering from you if YOU posted the wrong price. Nonsense.

But hey, enjoy your bitterness over the fact that sometimes people get lucky.

3. प्रदीप जैसे नाम के साथ, मुझे शक है कि हिंदी बेहतर होगा।
    (With a name like Pradeep, I suspect Hindi would be better...) :)

4. sammy davis junior

sammy davis junior Forum Resident

I wonder how much tax amazon would have paid in canada from the sale of those ill gotten gains?

5. Icenine1

Icenine1 Forum Resident

Too bad we can't do a group buy.

Keith V likes this.
  6. Icenine1

Icenine1 Forum Resident

I hope Amazon ships the deluxe in a box and not an envelope as they have with a few of my orders in the past. Oh and they shipped a King Crimson "Road to Red" which is a 12x12 box in a box but with NO PADDING so it could just bang around inside!

7. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb Résident du forum

I got the same email after I inquired (second wave orderer). I found this sentence particularly entertaining:

"Since you're a valued customer, I've passed your message along to our Investigation department, as I know they will read about your experience and take appropriate action against our technical team."

8. delmonaco

delmonaco Forum Resident

Well, in the super deluxe edition there are two posters and a book, so possibly the mark-up is bigger than the ordinary CD.:) Also, I believe that Amazon may have better deal from the labels and distributors than any other record store. As far as I remember, for example, Amazon sold the Beatles Mono Box for less than a half of the original price. I also often spot unbelievable deals (not mistakes) for some huge classical box sets (for example, some years ago I purchased the complete Maria Callas 70 Cd's box set for 29 EUR from Amazon France (normally - about 120-150 EUR). The deal was available for about 10 days, and after that the price was back to normal. I also bought the Bee Gees Rhino/Reprise vinyl box set (3 albums/6LP's) for 25 EUR from another big German online seller - JPC.de - the offer was valid for about a week, and it wasn't a mistake. So obviously the main online retailers have some very special relations/deals with the labels and distributors, especially about box sets.

9. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Read 'em and weep losers. I just got off the line with Amazon. And guess what?

[​IMG]

That's right.... FIVE DOLLARS.

I'll save that five dollars and use it on the Pepper box....when it's being sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals for $42.87.

Yep....I'm putting my feet up on the desk. Ahhh..... Feels pretty good to come out on top. Whoooo!

aoxomoxoa, The Beave and raq0915 like this.
  10. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

And...what year will that be? :D

The Beave likes this.
  11. Bill

Bill Senior Member

If it seems too good to be true....

BuckNaked, SteelyNJ and audiomixer like this.
  12. SteelyNJ

SteelyNJ Forum Resident

OK, methinks it's time to put the Amazon.ca deal-of-the-century discussion to rest. It's over, done, dead and moot. Let's move along.

13. Surferghost

Surferghost Forum Resident

Yeah I should imagine the book and posters take up a fair chunk of the production costs.

Heh, yeah. Amazon really are the victim here aren't they, at the mercy of their gloating, brazenly-dishonest customers.

Won't somebody think of the poor put-upon multinational tax-dodging corporation that treats it's employees like slaves?

14. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

Just bought the double vinyl and six disc big box last night. Can't wait! Amazon gives me an arrival date of May 26, which makes me wonder if it goes in the actual mail on May 24 or 25...

15. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

[​IMG]

..must wait for the investigation to wrap ​

helter, Mal, gottafeelin and 2 others like this.
  16. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

2018. At the latest.

17. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

But if we do that, what will we talk about until shipping day, we can relay all of our shipping/tracking information to all and sundry? Now it's here. Now it's there. Why has it been sitting in Kathmandu for 8 hours? :)

SteelyNJ likes this.
  18. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Pepper Box?

19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

You might try getting back to work. :laugh:

20. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

They all agree!

[​IMG]

21. The people I know who work for Amazon in Seattle get pretty good wages and great benefits. Of course like with any other company, it depends on your job. Tech vs warehouse labor. But I understand the issues they've had in some of their warehouses. Especially during the holidays.

22. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

Part of the Beatles current record deal is all Beatle product is always priced at the top tier. If the top tier is raised, all Beatle product is raised as well.

23. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I know I won't deal with them...... today.

Wrong forum.

Surferghost likes this.
  24. Surferghost

Surferghost Forum Resident

In the UK at least, Amazon's employment practices became quite the scandal for a little while, but of course you're right in that it depends on the job you do for them. Over here it's the warehouse workers and delivery drivers who get the s*****y end of the stick on a daily basis.

Although to be fair, Amazon are only taking massive advantage of the failings in UK employment law, which let's face it isn't directly their fault. Kinda like when consumers attempted to take some small advantage of the failings in Amazon's pricing and listings system, which let's face it...:)

And all that's before we even start on the company's proven, blatantly dishonest tax affairs...

PS: Just in case I'm not coming across as I'm intending, those last two paragraphs aren't aimed at you Mazzy.

PPS: Ugh, I'm doing exactly what I was complaining about earlier here, so maybe this aspect of the thread is best put to bed, after all. It ain't healthy, people.

Mazzy likes this.
  25. Totally understand. It's that vicious circle. We want higher wages yet we want to pay the lowest price possible for goods and services....... however many of the giant companies are making bigger profits than ever.

Surferghost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.