Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hole Got Fixed, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whenever I order a box set from Europe or Japan , I pay for upgraded shipping. Highly recommended for speed and safety.

JeffreyB, ODShowtime and Pizza like this.
  2. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

Interesting - the SKU B06WGVMLJY is no longer searchable on amazon.ca and the prior link takes you to the item page stating "We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Let the panic begin.

3. milo

milo Forum Resident

I pre-ordered the 6 disc and 2 disc versions on amazon US. $150 and $25 respectively, I expect the price will go down the closer it gets to release date. The Flowers In The Dirt set started at $150 and dropped to $118 by release day. I may as well use the prime membership for something, plus I like the ease of returns, if necessary, with amazon.

JeffreyB, Mr. Explorer and Mazzy like this.
  4. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

Same...really want this asap but can't afford $150 at the moment. Will be a birthday or Xmas present methinks :pleased: It's very tempting though, box set looks fab. I do have JB HIFI vouchers, if it gets to the $100 mark I may pull the trigger...

5. No panic here as I am about 90% confident the order will be canceled soon by Amazon.Ca as it was a pricing error and, worse, an error that got lots of hits. Oddly, the error price of around $60 is my price point for this release. If I cant get it for this price or less I punt and move on to something else.

6. sgb

sgb Senior Member

It probably won't happen, but it would be extra cool if the original cover illustration were restored to replace the faces that were air brushed out in subsequent pressings.

mmars982 likes this.
  7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I'm going to ask a friend of mine if HMV ( or Fopp) are going to do a big window display for this title.

8. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

Still too expensive for me as well, but at least it's more in line with prices in other parts of the world.

9. gvout

gvout Forum Resident

OK, audio experts. Do you think it will possible to extract multitracks from the included 5.1 surround mix in the super deluxe version? Five or 6 tracks already exist as multitracks (from Rockband?) for some years now. Then we could mix our own versions!

IronWaffle likes this.
  10. alexpop

Does the HMV come with vinyl included ?

11. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

the vinyl is NOT included in the box.

alexpop likes this.
  12. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Amazon US will drop their price. $150.00 is the list price. Amazon always starts at the list price, then drops.

Lewisboogie, Johnny Reb and gvout like this.
  13. alexpop

HMV were renowned for their own designed boxes.

Duophonic, mestreech and gvout like this.
  14. Isaac McHelicopter

Isaac McHelicopter Possession is a clue but not the game.

Yes, that's what I'm looking forward to doing! A combination of MakeMKV and DVD Audio Extractor should do the trick.

shantysnowman and gvout like this.
  15. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

Pre-ordered the 2LP on Amazon.ca $30 USD is not bad. Could be worse....

16. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

Looks like the best price for the LP version at this point. $41.44 CDN ($43.99 CDN at musicvaultz.com)

17. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

£100 on The Beatles official U.K. Site.

Klassik and Carl80 like this.
  18. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

What about the shipping price?

19. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

For UK folks buying from the Italian Amazon site, bear in mind the 29th May is a bank holiday, so potentially means not having yours delivered until the Tuesday, maybe at the earliest.

I know the Beatles store got the 1+ Blu Ray set to me on release date, so perhaps for £10 or so more I'm thinking of going with them should Amazon UK not drop to sub £100.

20. xmas111

xmas111 Forum Resident

It's back up on amazon.ca for CDN$ 58.94 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition (6 Disc)

raimiz1991inc, Johnny Reb and whaiyun like this.
  21. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

Free shipping to Canada.

22. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

Awesome. I pre-ordered. I don't even have a CD player! :crazy:

Mark E. Moon and xmas111 like this.
  23. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Wonder how long it will be before something is announced in Japan ? One of there releases might have an added bonus or two.

Im not that interested in the SHM for this release, the deluxe box from the Beatles site will do me fine.

24. They finally fixed the title.

25. Mike in Houston

Mike in Houston Formerly 118mw123

I really want this one, but I will have to prepare by putting a little money aside every two weeks until June 1st.

Bowie Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.