Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by What it Is, Apr 4, 2017.

1. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway If our love song, could fly over mountains...

What's this about Kraftwerk? I'm off to look it up, I hope it's old recordings and not the current version which is too Karaokewerk for me :)

2. floyd

floyd Well-Known Member

The last line sounds like they are going to take their batons to the technical team.

I ordered on the "second wave" too, meaning it said I was ordering Sgt. Pepper and got the email saying it was cancelling "The New Originals" so I emailed back asking what this "New Originals" order is and hey where is my Sgt. Pepper order.

I am glad I did not cancel my Amazon.it order it will be shipped at 94.42 euro I have not checked to see if there are better deals out there in now.

Johnny Reb and lightbulb like this.
  3. teag

teag Forum Resident

Yeah, I love Apple Pie too.

I still wish it would go down. And it will eventually. Just like the mono CD box did.

4. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Forum Resident

It's still the best deal, but I wonder if they are reviewing that as well. It was taken down and hasn't come back since.

lightbulb and Radardog like this.
  5. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa Every night I tell myself I am the Cosmos

Yep. I'll buy the vinyl and wait for the deluxe set to drop under $50

telepicker97, Shpongle and teag like this.
  6. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Forum Resident

I bet you'll see it at that price (or at least within striking distance), by Xmas.

jlf and The Beave like this.
  7. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Forum Resident

Then it's not for you. They are live versions from the last couple of years.

BlueSpeedway likes this.
  8. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

Exactly.

9. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Forum Resident

10. aoxomoxoa

Keith V and Bingo Bongo like this.
  11. reb

reb Long Live Rock

12. Surferghost

Surferghost Well-Known Member

I did try to move away from this, and apologies to everyone who must be bored rigid with it, but:
    [A l'il bit of politics for you=] In the UK you don't just walk into another job any more, and the government is making the welfare system here unjustly punitive [as a delicious taster to removing it altogether, probably]. Either way, you'll get starved into submission. The employers call all the shots here now, as our country scrabbles for scraps from our new Chinese and Saudi overlords.[/thankyougoodnight]
    How's that for an answer? Not good enough for you, I bet.

General point: I'm out of the Amazon.ca discussion now, thanks. Convincing a few blowhards that the fuss isn't just sour grapes coming from a bunch of scam artists griping about losing out on their Big Corporate Con, but rather about being branded as little better than criminals, is equal to hammering your skull against a brick wall.

Jack and lightbulb like this.
  13. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Forum Resident

You should have stopped right there.

14. lightbulb

lightbulb Forum Resident

It may seem obvious to you that this is a "regular retailing tactic" by Amazon, but to many here, it seemed either a huge pricing error, a keypunch mistake, or something similar.

There was one skeptic that mused it was Amazon's ploy to prevent them from pre-ordering elsewhere, but that logic falls through. (Since the release date is more than a month away, I'd speculate most of those buyers will now shop elsewhere.)

Why would such a marketing tactic benefit Amazon?

15. Mazzy

Mazzy Forum Resident

Conspiracy theorists are all the rage. Even in musical retailing I guess.

16. mongo

mongo Forum Resident

Talk about off the rails.
    A simple pricing error devolves into Amazon being Darth Vader and an old filling in my molar starts tweaking from all of the tin-foil hats.
    Sometimes the Internet can be seriously disappointing.

sgtmono, audiomixer, Davmoco and 4 others like this.
  17. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Only sometimes?

Actually, this place does a pretty good job of staying away from fruit loop conspiracies, trolling and exchanges of heated insults compared to most other public sites I have seen.

rnranimal, The Beave and GTOJUDGE like this.
  18. noname74

noname74 RIP HMV Canada

Not when it comes to the Beatles.

The Beave likes this.
  19. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

I expect their reputation for occasional drastically low pricing errors when listings are first put up for pre-order attracts a lot of visits to their site for newly announced items - and here we are promoting their habits, again...

Do Amazon ever initially list pre-orders items way over the standard price, as might be expected from a pricing algorithm glitch or data entry transcription error? OK, maybe the algorithm could have a built in ceiling but they don't seem too keen on resolving the low initial pricing bug if it is one.

Of course, it would seem that somebody was actively involved in generating these 'New Originals' listings...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    BuckNaked and lightbulb like this.
  20. eelkiller

eelkiller Untrained ears

I hope not, I ordered 6 copies to list on Ebay. ;)

The Beave likes this.
  21. let him run...

let him run... Forum Resident

I hope for your sake you're a young man.

eelkiller likes this.
  22. lightbulb

lightbulb Forum Resident

Yes, it's too bad that a few hardcore cynics have such strong adamant feelings about what they thought the ulterior motives of many of us, while the Sale Price was on, and afterwards, too.

The Beave likes this.
  23. aoxomoxoa

Well I predict it will take a year. Who knows I may cave before that.

24. let him run...

let him run... Forum Resident

It's my guess the only way this could be priced below fifty bucks is if it were to absolutely tank. Short of that it'll never be under 50. Maybe in five and a half years you'll find a used one that's missing the book and the posters for fifty.
    There's no shame in caving. Between now and the release I'm sure you can think of a few things not to buy.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  25. Sidewinder43

Sidewinder43 Forum Resident

Plus, after a certain point, unfortunately, there will be fakes.