Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hole Got Fixed, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

No there isn't.
    Discussions between patients and their psychologists are confidential.
    Don't Cha know....... :wave::cussing:

beave

BuckNaked likes this.
  2. Sidewinder43

Sidewinder43 Forum Resident

I blame it on the Bossa Nova (and its magic spell).

3. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Not the boogie?:eek:

4. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Edie, is that you?

Bill likes this.
  5. Sidewinder43

Just showing my age (and yours, too, probably).

dewey02 likes this.
  6. Sidewinder43

Getting back to topic: the best current price that I can find is Import CDs $108.99 + $3.99 shipping. Full disclosure: I am one of the Canadian orphans and am starting over.

7. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I still think the Amazon price will come down eventually, before the end of May. Although I'm 100% okay with the price right now, but it wouldn't surprise me to see 108$ on Amazon as well..

I can't WAIT for this set.

8. skyjelly

skyjelly Forum Resident

Actually there is. Performed by that guy who bought the Beatles songs and his brothers. I can say no more...

9. Since I was the last post before the lull, I felt I'd turned into buzz_kill_hogsby... :(

10. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

11. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Nope. My fault for suggesting that Amazon's pricing error might not have been accidental.

sallymae_hogsby likes this.
  12. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Naaaa, not at all. :hugs:
    I still think that there is a good possibility that somebody at Amazon.ca put it up as some kind of joke, and we picked up on it and it just took off very quickly.:yikes:
    If so, the person responsible just probably panic'd and decided to just keep their mouth shut.

On the other hand, Amazon.Fr (France for you in Rio Linda), I have the 6 disc Deluxe AND the 2 LP (euro pressed for insurance, I bet you they'll press the North American version at Rainbo) for a total, including shipping of $134.81. So basically $100 for the Deluxe box and $34.81 for the 2 LP set.:D
    Not Bad all things considered.
    beave

13. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

But the question is: Will it arrive on release day? If not, its probably worth it to spend an extra $5 and buy it on amazon

14. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

I thought that it was going to stay at $117, but considering that there are a few places being mentioned here that have it for $108, I think you're right

15. Icenine1

Icenine1 Forum Resident

I was going to order Bull Moose but I too probably will go Amazon because I have ants in my pants! That is unless I get seduced by the Japanese SHM version.

16. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

I certainly don't think the UK Amazon price will come down any further. The FITD box hit a level and then did not budge for months despite being undercut by a couple of other UK retailers. This will likely do the same.

17. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Seems things changed a lot on this thread since I last checked. Sorry so many amazon.ca orders were cancelled due to the pricing error. My order with the Visa discount and moving discount is now $46.01.

Pete Puma likes this.
  18. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

That's an interesting comparison. I checked the price chart at camelcamelcamel for Amazon US and it shows FitD starting at $150 and eventually settling at $118. It spiked up a few times after it was released but then came back to $118, no lower. So perhaps Pepper will follow the same pattern?

19. Radardog

Radardog Forum Resident

Appears my AmazonIt order status has changed to "booked"

20. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

Same here.

21. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

I wonder what they mean by that?

22. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

It means that your order has been forwarded to the Amazon bookkeepers for further review. ;) (Just joking).

Kim Olesen likes this.
  23. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Is the word you are seeing "Prenotato"? If so, I think that means pre-ordered. It may be that they have oversold their allocation so these are now logged as pre-orders for when a further allocation is made available but this is just conjecture on my part.

I am not seeing anything other than "Effetuato" on my own order, which just means the order has been accepted but I am pleased to see it is being fulfilled by Amazon EU, which is often the case even when ordering from Amazon UK, with a delivery date of 31 May - 5 June.

24. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

mine just says Non ancora spedito which means not yet shipped

25. Radardog

Radardog Forum Resident

Now it's "not yet shipped". But did notice my state abbreviation is off on the shipping address. For Michigan it's "ME" not "MI". Zip code is correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.