Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary editions to be released May 26, 2017* Anticipation Thread.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JOSERENATO, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muffmasterh

muffmasterh Forum Resident

thats my other dog impression...

ODIrony likes this.
  2. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

I've seen that original side 1 running order in various places (including the CD booklet). I noticed that, apart from the title track (which has to come first), and "...Little Help..." (which has to follow the title track), the remaining songs are in chronological order of when they were recorded. Which makes me wonder if that early tracklisting was more of a placeholder than a dedicated effort at a final track listing. (Then again, it could easily be coincidence.)

andrewskyDE and john hp like this.
  3. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I have to be honest, I'm not hearing anything here that jumps out as a remix. Maybe I'm having a bad day..?

4. muffmasterh

muffmasterh Forum Resident

whilst this is all true, it would still be George & John who became a bit of an on off team throughout the rest of 1969 and much of the next two years, it remained very much team George & John vs team Paul for this period.

5. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

Maybe George himself voted the song off, or maybe John and Paul were uneasy about releasing a song with lyrics that were rather critical of John and Paul. (I know, that doesn't explain why they willingly recorded so many takes.)

6. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Quoted for truth. Every random local Universal intern I know already heard full details on this release, and yet any self-proclaimed insider with zero track record will be caught completely off guard again as always. I wonder why…

7. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

My sources are legitimate. Ernie from the fillin' station says we are all in for a big surprise.

8. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

You know Ernie too?:

[​IMG]

He knows his stuff, for sure.

9. The Fiftieth Beatle

The Fiftieth Beatle Forum Resident

Ernie and Arnie are the best sources out there, no question.

Francisx likes this.
  10. Twittering Machine

Twittering Machine Forum Resident

Ernie workin in a fillin station too many tasks
    Check the track list, check the outtakes, check the release date dollar gas
    Too much Sgt Pepper business too much Sgt Pepper business too much Sgt Pepper business
    for me to be involved in.

11. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

...no doubt YOU'VE been made privy to exact content details and that the local Dutch interns have sworn revenge if you say anything in public. How strange. Your comment is laughable considering how tight-lipped Apple is with this stuff. It was a little different when home label EMI was in charge, but Universal wouldn't risk alienating Apple by letting every intern know what's going on. Anything to put a damper on things, eh? Have you noticed that not a single person here who has, or claims to know a source, has tried to make this bigger than what it may be? There's a difference between conjecture and wish lists, than saying with certainty that this will be a massive, all-immersion set. No one is saying that and implying so doesn't help your argument. Ron

PS When someone, anyone, has a source this doesn't mean or infer that they are insiders. It means exactly what it implies. Someone knows someone closer to the source then they... and post what they've heard or were told directly. How does this harm you?

PPS Do you post messages to Bill King and Steve Marinucci too? Their sources are saying this set will be pretty special, but even they haven't guessed what the contents may be.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  12. supermd

supermd Senior Member

What? You want MORE download-only stuff???

;)

13. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

I think that was more down to them having a common enemy/scapegoat to gang up on, i.e. Paul. To John, George was still/always the annoying kid who followed him around and wouldn't leave him alone. Add in George's quite obvious distaste for Yoko and it's easy to see why they never reconciled after their falling out in '71/'72.

14. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Haha, it says a lot you feel attacked. The only thing laughable is that unlike many other projects in the past, you don't even know they aren't tight-lipped about this release at all, save for the final tracklist for 2 of the discs. Apple might be, but Universal and the local distributors are not. It's also a misunderstanding by you that a briefing as such is a big deal to people working there, even with an embargo. It's their job. Half of them wouldn't even know the significance and the other half who does is excited and starts talking to anyone they trust. It's simple entertainment business, not the secret service.

Do you even understand how this works? Everyone at the record company, locally and internationally, is in the known about upcoming releases and the exact content. They don't get this info a day in advance. Not this time anyway. This stuff is way past Apple already, it's out of their hands. The first release is already at the pressing plant even. It's naive to think there are secrets internally about something as simple as a release. And those major labels are still fairly big, even locally. That are a lot of people who talk to their friends, who talk to their friends, etc. This is how Chinese whispers through The Sunday Times came out. This is just another mailing from England to them, and this is how genuine info leaks to for example the Beatlefan Facebook page. And still they do very well actually, since about all other recent Apple releases the first substantial info leaked maybe a day before the eventual release. If The Sunday Times didn't came forward, we would've still be at the "will Apple do something for the anniversary?"-thread and putting the "psychedelic project" quote by Giles Martin under a microscope.

The latter doesn't do anything more than copying press releases these days, so thanks for proving my point. And the former actually knows exactly what Universal knows, so lol!

Gothik, goodiesguy, cb70 and 2 others like this.
  15. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

All I want is a 180 Gram pure virgin AAA Stereo Sgt.Pepper LP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might as well throw in the other 11 UK LPs while were at it!

16. brainwashed

I was answering for anyone who lists a source, not just myself. And you are wrong about the pressing plant information. Not there yet. And I know that for fact. You don't. And the Sunday Times article was wrong too. The 50th Anniversary of Pepper will not include JUST Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane. And once again, you don't know who I am. You don't know what positions I've held or hold in the music business, so there's no need to lecture me on how much I may understand or not. For some reason you like to rabble rouse. Not sure why, but you do.

Nothing is EVER out of Apple's hands. They could stop this release immediately. They have that expressed right. Believe me, if things worked the way you imagine they do, we'd all have copies of the track list by now. We'd know when the tapes/files arrived at the pressing plant. Everything. And you're right, it's not the secret service, yet not a single industry source has listed a damn thing yet. I wonder why? Rumors abound for sure, but there's been no hard news yet. The Sunday Times got the ball rolling... a little. EVERYTHING else is conjecture. Some sources, not mine to date, have hinted this may be more encompassing than usual for Apple. I just don't understand why you always put down anyone who mentions the word "source." I don't get it. Ron

17. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

True

18. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

I also believe the whole debacle with Maharishi in Rishikesh left a foul taste in John's mouth reminded afterwards by George's ongoing religious devotion. George was about finding a higher power while John was about finding himself.

19. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

If you know all this info to be true, then you are far more guilty of boasting about "being in the know" than anyone who has posted here. Talk about the pot calling the pan burnt ars e!

longaway likes this.
  20. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

As far as I can tell you only speak for yourself, not "anyone" with a source.

So how exactly do you know for a fact nothing is at the plant?

ohnothimagen likes this.
  21. brainwashed

PS If Bill King knew the contents he'd publish them. What better way to promote his blog/fanzine than to have the definitive track listing for the 50th Anniversary Sgt. Pepper set?

22. brainwashed

I know because I asked. And I surely can speak for others when I feel that a bunch of folks/friends get unjustifiably slammed simply because they mention "sources." Ron

23. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

To support your point, a Confidentiality Agreement ain't nothin' to mess with.

24. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

Who's to say he won't? Do you know for a fact if it's gone to press yet?

ODIrony likes this.
  25. brainwashed

I agree that someone would be foolish to use their name when providing confidential content. However, it would be nearly impossible to get caught if one sent a label newsletter to a trade magazine... or a copy of the CD/LP track listing to a friend. This stuff happens all the time. Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.