Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary editions to be released May 26, 2017* Anticipation Thread.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JOSERENATO, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ivan

Ivan Forum Resident

Every other Apple blu-ray I have (Help!, YS, MMT, 1+) is region free, there's no reason this shouldn't be the same.

The Ole' Rocker and ODIrony like this.
  2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Doh ...loads of comments.

Bern and m4murder like this.
  3. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Jeez, "With A Little Help" sounds great, even in mp3-quality. Ringo's drums are deep and you can really hear his kick drum quite nicely. Piano sounds great too. Oh boy!!! Yea, Alex you better hide, more goodies to follow in the coming days! Ron

4. supermd

supermd Senior Member

It's a little misleading that they call this Sgt. Pepper Take 9 an "outtake," as it's the final track sans some overdubs.

IronWaffle, shmuckler, Bern and 7 others like this.
  5. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

This reminds me on Beach Boys 'outtakes'.

Calico likes this.
  6. The Beatles were actually involved with the stereo mixdown of ADITL, weren't they? I remember reading that (here?), because it was so unusual. So they might have wanted to show off the stereo-ness of it.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    The Ole' Rocker likes this.
  7. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

Man, this clip is awesome! I am so pumped for the Pepper box. Can't believe this is really happening!

8. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

Did anyone catch/ record the BBC radio play today? I missed it

9. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

It's amazing how clear and new 'With a little help' takes 1-2 sound. It's like they were just recorded today. And the piano sounds beautiful and that guitar intro is so perfect, it's a shame it's a little hidden in the finished product

10. ODIrony

ODIrony Forum Resident

Absolutely fabulous. Brings tears to the eyes. :thumbsup::agree:

11. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

MMM, Wingsfan2012 and maandrade like this.
  12. All right, now this is officially fun. Great samples.

13. voles

voles Forum Lurker

I mentioned it on April 11 and I wasn't alone. I can't blame people for skipping through though!

More spoilers! This is just the place for them...

Keith V, Lewisboogie and ODIrony like this.
  14. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

raq0915 likes this.
  15. pdas1996 and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  16. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

Tomorrow, ready for purchase at the streaming media places, not more previews for now sadly (but in a few more weeks... more to come)

17. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

Thats take 9. My link is the new remix of the final take

18. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

The mix does sound different than the other one, but it still doesn't have the orchestral overdubs.

raq0915 likes this.
  19. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

Sgt Pepper: listen to an unreleased outtake of the Beatles' classic

Without the horn fanfare in the middle or the audience’s cheers and laughter, this version sounds pretty stripped back – and it features some trippy voices echoing around towards the end (“I feel it, I feel it, oh baby now I feel it … Gotta be free now”). Then there’s a brief conversation between John and Paul about singing technique, and some bits where Paul has run out of breath. It’s safe to say the final version is more of a banger, but this recording offers an intriguing glimpse into the Fabs’ world. Have a listen and let us know your thoughts.

20. maandrade

maandrade Forum Resident

I think I hear between 2:27:24 and 2:29:59 in the BBC broadcast is the take 9!

21. slane

slane Forum Resident

Take 9 is the released version without the final overdubs (which became Take 10). I didn't hear anything different here to the other link.

zobalob and Onder like this.
  22. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Isn't some of the vocals a bit different? I am think about the section where George and John sings too.

johnny moondog 909 likes this.
  23. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

:agree: Yes, if I would have looked back that day, I would have found yours and two-three other mentions, including the Youtube link to "Free Now." April 11 was a busy day here on the board -- apparently when the first listening events were detailed. This thread has a life of its own, for sure.

voles likes this.
  24. voles

voles Forum Lurker

The whole programme is at CarFest crazy!, The Chris Evans Breakfast Show - BBC Radio 2 .

It's not a different clip but a poorer sounding version than the mp3 available. Oddly enough the voices at the end actually come out clearer and slightly longer though...

Can't be long before there are previews on iTunes Shirley?

25. slane

slane Forum Resident

Seems to be, yes. Unless that part is just not doubled here, though I haven't listened that closely yet.

supermd, Kim Olesen and Onder like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.