Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary editions to be released May 26, 2017* Anticipation Thread.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JOSERENATO, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Yes. I would NOT expect any official announcement until AFTER Flowers is re-released in late March. Otherwise, Paul will be blamed (as he typically is) for riding on the Beatles' coattails.

So I agree: one project at a time.

jlf, Wingsfan2012, goodiesguy and 4 others like this.
  2. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

Get ready for another 100 pages on pure speculation, moaning, complaining and nothing but posts about how Apple has mishandled everything.

3. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

:shrug:Maybe a 50th anniversary psychedelic lava lamp with all four of our fabs in Sgt Pepper uniforms on it.

Already have added SFF & PL on my own burned cds of Pepper. I'm sure this new release will be a new mix.

Cha Ching Cha Ching Cha Ching!

4. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning, to you!

alexpop likes this.
  5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

More like 1000+

MHP and forthlin like this.
  6. slane

slane Forum Resident

In other news, Magical Mystery Tour is also getting a re-release, with SFF & PL taken off ;)

7. alexpop

A day in the life, indeed. :righton:

longdist01 likes this.
  8. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Nope. Carnival of Light will be released as a remixed half baked low res download on mp3 on April 1st for purchasers of a new Ringo album.

9. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

And in a victory against Phil Spector and bad taste "Let It Be" shall be removed from the catalog altogether.

They can meddle with all the albums now, creating fantasy track lineups implementing singles and such. Kinda like what Capitol did.

10. alexpop

Everybody joined up on this thread now. :)

79 users.

Beatles BOnkerS

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  11. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

That is ALREADY an official Apple product. (To go along with your White Album pen set). :shake:

[​IMG]

12. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Followed by 20 pages of the press release being posted over and over again.

13. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

That was exactly what I thought as well. If these are all the versions we know and love, it's a pointless release. Anyone can re-sequence the songs on their own.

If, on the other hand, we're talking remixes, well, that's a little different.

melo85 and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  14. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

Monstrosity is a tad harsh! I think though the appeal for many will be having an official Pepper with SFF/PL in the song listing. I generally agree. Much prefer outtakes or CoL

sandmountainslim1 likes this.
  15. BeSteVenn

BeSteVenn FOMO Resident

I'm thinking the anniversary release will be the 2009 remaster, with a book rehashing what was in the 1987 box set edition of Pepper, with a download card for Strawberry Fields Forever/Penny Lane (ala Flowers in the Dirt).

Any idea what an HMV Beatles box set is worth?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  16. Rich C

Rich C Forum Resident

I used to think this way. But I believe this is due to not wanting to mess with what has been in place for 50 years. It's the path of least resistance. Not that it is a bad solution.

I think Strawberry Fields should have come after With a Little Help from My Friends and before LSD.

Penny Lane should have opened side 2.

Within You Without You should have been released as a single with Baby Your a Rich Man and not appeared on the album.

NorthNY Mark likes this.
  17. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

What about all the Brian Jones stuff mixed out of the original release?

andrewskyDE and notesfrom like this.
  18. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I really hope that this is not just a "lets add a single and b-side to the album as a bonus" affair because it will make them look really poor. You would have been hard-pressed to have made a story out of that 30 years ago let alone now when everyone has got used to really nice tributes such as the Smile set which had a lot in common with Sgt Pepper as a statement with a similar level of legend/mythology surrounding it. Of all of the albums which have not had a deluxe edition this one really stands out as the one to go to town on. They have an awful lot of back story to tell and to simply throw in a couple of tracks is nowhere near good enough. The Beatles used to lead the world with groundbreaking ideas and now do not even seem to be able to keep up with the competition. The Dylan sets of late have been superb and others have found a good way to expand their horizons (Jethro Tull for example). This Sgt Pepper landmark has been approaching for a long time and I really hope that this will not be a hastily compiled tombstone. The Magical Mystery Tour DVD set a few years ago had some merit and they should be be aiming at least as high (preferably higher) with this. We have all got mono and stereo mixes and the additional single tracks, so something radical and immersive are called for. Both McCartney and Harrison have put out some nice printed work via Genesis and Paul's deluxe archive editions. They can do these things and should have the back-up with knowledgeable and technical support at Abbey Road and elsewhere to prepare a fitting deluxe edition. I'm hoping this story (and I have not seen the Times feature) is a little teaser to infuriate before they unveil something really stunning to celebrate the landmark release. I know, I can hear the massed thoughts of "dream on" but I can only answer: "Why wouldn't they?" Look at the current status of Bob Dylan. He has generated so much forum content in recent years and not just speculation, but hard discussion about the various unveilings from his archive. They have missed a lot of opportunities such as Rubber Soul and Revolver which could have been appropriately marked with deluxe editions - it is now time to restate their standing in the music world with a series of classy and adventurous deluxe releases.

19. alexpop

Track listing now ?

20. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

Year 2067.
    Apple are to reissue the classic Beatles album SP. 100 years old as it was originally issued without the bonus tracks. This is the first time in 50 years this classic album has been available as the band first issued it!

Peace and love✌

vegafleet, jlf, goodiesguy and 20 others like this.
  21. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

Along with the cut outs and the original inner sleeve, I want a replica Ringo chess board.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  22. Frank

Frank Senior Member

They should go radical and stick them right inside A Day In The Life, one on each end of McCartney's section.

longaway, notesfrom and forthlin like this.
  23. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Gorts:

You might wish to change the title of this thread:

Sgt. Pepper's to be rereleased on 1 June with extra tracks

because it won't be just 2 tracks.

jlf, longaway, goodiesguy and 11 others like this.
  24. alexpop

Hope for the White (triple ) Album now.

25. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

:laugh:
    Hahahhahaha !!!

alexpop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.