Share your Nintendo NES memories!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Baba Oh Really, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Forum Resident

It's a matter of time, really. The reason adults don't tend to be as good is merely because we don't have the time to dedicate to playing a game relentlessly. We have other hobbies, a family, friends, responsibility, etc.

As a kid, I had many days in a stretch with nothing to do so I played for many hours in a row.

WillieDaPimp likes this.
  2. Rocker

Rocker Forum Resident

I was able to beat that one a few times myself, but it's definitely a tough game. Strangely enough, one of the levels that people seem to think is the most difficult (Level 3 - Turbo Tunnel) was one part that I always found quite simple. I never really understood why that particular level was regarded as being so notoriously hard.... the people who have trouble with it must be those same weirdos who think Contra is difficult too. :p

WillieDaPimp likes this.
  3. Grunge Master

Grunge Master Forum Resident

And, you don't have to keep practicing at it to get better. For example, now if you're having trouble with something, after a few tries you Google it to see if there's an easier solution. Back then, you had to play it over and over to get good enough to get through whatever you were stuck at.

WillieDaPimp and Strat-Mangler like this.