Shark's Tale

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JohnG, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS! Thread Starter

Saw Shark's Tale with the family tonight and its not bad. Not as good as the now classic "Finding Nemo" but this one has its moments.

Loved the caricatures of Robert DeNiro and Martin Scorsese. They even had DeNiro's shark character have that beauty mark on his face and had the bushy eyebrows of Scorsese.

The Reggae-loving jellyfish were good casting.

Its in the small details that make these movies and this one had plenty. The shrimp pleading for his life is one of those moments.

Should be a fun DVD. :righton:

2. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

I hope this movie does well. I worked with the director, Vicky Jenson on a short film she did called Family Tree. I think she is brilliant and I have every intention of riding her coat tails.

3. JohnG

oh yeah....the film looks beautiful. They really have the CGI down for these type of animated movies.

Closeups on the Will Smith character fish really shows how wonderful this type of animation is.

I didn't see the movie in a DLP equipped theater, so I can imagine how it looks in a real digital showcase. Has to be stunning!

Shark Tale should easily beat the $100M mark in the next few weeks.

[​IMG]

4. levi

levi Can't Stand Up For Falling Down In Memoriam

characterizations were great. even if the voices had been completely different, the fish looked so much like Smith, Zelwieger (sp?), DeNiro et al. you would have figured out who was who.

a lot of the animation seemed to be for an oh-wow effect. I guess that's the point, but it didn't hit me over the head as hard in the Toy Story movies or Nemo. and what's with all the product placement? that just about drove me to distraction.

5. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

Is it just me, or do those fishies look awfully ugly...? I mean, the Finding Nemo characters were cute.. these ones look... scary (at least to me).

6. JohnG

Did better than even I thought.....$49M this weekend.

7. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

I liked it, but it definitely is nowhere near as good as Nemo (IMO).

8. Evan

Evan Senior Member

I did't really think it was that great. I fell asleep about halfway through. Never did that before. I must be getting old :confused:

9. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

I think they should de-rastafy it about 38%, add the original songs (get rid of Christina Aguilara and get Rose Royce back), make Will Smith make it less Fresh Prince and more Six Degress and add more Crazy Joe.

When Crazy Joe retreats into his shell to watch 'his show' and "Yakety Sax" starts I laughed very very hard.

-Tom

10. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

I thought it was pretty good, much better than some of the reviews painted it. Still, it was no Finding Nemo or Shrek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.