Sheryl Crow working on two new albums (for 2017 and beyond?)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pghmusiclover, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

Seeing her in concert in London next month - last saw her support the Stones at Wembley in the 90s....And I think they brought her on to sing Honky Tonk Women

2. William Barty

William Barty Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip. Just listened -- it's an awesome interview!

3. I'm a huge Kevin Gilbert fan, but what you write above us simply untrue. You are mixing events that occurred to John O'Brien and a Kevin Gilbert. All the musicians on the album were credited and paid and thanked. Kevin Gilbert did not commit suicide; his death was accidental. John O'Brien did, but blaming his issues on her answers to a brief and high pressure interview withDavif Letterman is an absurd leap in logic.

If you are going to level such serious accusations, at least be truthful.

4. jacden

jacden Senior Member

I've listened to Be Myself at least four times today. Easily her best album since Globe Sessions IMO. Welcome back, Sheryl...

5. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

I didnt even realise she was touring. Knew there was an album out but completely missed this. Must check the clips and reviews. If its a return to the old sound and good songs then I could well be investing.

6. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Yeah, I mixed that up. But then, tell, how come many Gilbert fans actively loathe Sheryl Crow? There's no basis for it.

7. raphph

I'll report back - with pictures

8. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

Listening to the Target Deluxe Editon now. It's packaged in a cardboard sleeve.

9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i have often wondered exactly what went down between gilbert and crow.....very difficult to find any info at all, let alone the truth.

i know that david baerwald refuses to speak about it, and he was in the tuesday night music club.

MikaelaArsenault and DTK like this.
  10. Maddy5

Maddy5 Forum Resident

I loved Sheryl Crow's earlier albums so I checked this out. It wasn't bad by any means, but it didn't blow me away either. It's very predicatable in what you might expect from her and mainstream pop/rock. Nothing really stood out for me. I know every artist has their sound they do, but I like if an artist tries to innovate, mix it up or change a bit. It's a very conservative record sonically. It's pleasant but nothing special or memorable for me.

11. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

12. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

[​IMG]

Looking forward to the coming duett album

13. I've only listened once since I bought it last Friday, but I must say I think this is her best album since The Globe Sessions. A very pleasant surprise after 2 really disppointing albums.

14. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member Thread Starter

Short interview in Entertainment Weekly:

Sheryl Crow Goes Back to Her Pop-Rock Roots: 'It Felt Like a Return to Being Kids'

Brief mention of the duets/collaborative album:

I’ve recorded with a number of people over the years, but I’ve never done anything with them for me. So I decided to record stuff that’s already been written with people who have been influences. I called Keith [Richards] and said I wanted to record “The Worst.” I called Stevie Nicks and Don Henley, Willie, and Emmylou Harris. It will be out next year.

15. Almost Simon

Haven't seen much on this album promotion-wise in the UK. Haven't read any reviews in the monthly music magazines, which is strange. All quiet when she is touring the UK. In previous years there's been quite an effort in promotion.

Or maybe I've just missed it all. I'll have a google for the reviews.

16. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I seriously think some record companies need to learn what the word "deluxe" means

Galley likes this.
  17. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Her new single has been playlisted by Radio 2 and I heard it on the Chris Evans breakfast show yesterday I think.

18. pghmusiclover

19. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

first Keef thing I will not buy, I even bought the George Jones lp with the duet

DHamilton likes this.
  20. raphph

As promised

Gig was fantastic! 2h15m set with all the big hits and not too many from new album! Though I hate the Shepherds Bush Empire...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Almost Simon

Sheryl performed on the BBC1 Graham Norton Show last Friday night, available here from 37 minutes in. She's also live on Jools Holland Tuesday night and the full show this coming Friday night on BBC2

The Graham Norton Show, Series 21: Episode 7

22. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Two tracks on Jools tonight were very predictable (words, sound, arrangements), hoped for more.

23. Almost Simon

Just discovered Sheryl recorded a show for BBC local radio to promote the new album. Can't fault Sheryl for the promotional effort she's putting in for this new release.

BBC Radio Devon - Richard Green, Sheryl Crow: All I Wanna Do is ......Be Myself

This is a music special with Richard Green.

Sheryl Crow - All I Wanna Do is ...Be Myself, sees the American Singer songwriter give her only UK BBC Local Radio interview to Richard.

Sheryl's sold more than 50 million albums around the World, gained nine Grammy's and will talk through some old music and tracks from her latest album Be Myself in an exclusive conversation.

So to hear Sheryl Crow talk of music, kids, Nashville and fishing, listen here to Sheryl Crow - All I Wanna Do is …Be Myself ..in conversation with our very own Richard Green.

budwhite likes this.
  24. pghmusiclover

25. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.