Should I get the Zeppelin 2014 Deluxe CDs just for the extra content?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Pudding Effect, Aug 11, 2017.

1. nikosvault

nikosvault Forum Resident

3 great bonus cuts on Led Zep 3 DE. I think they are pretty essential.

That's The Way (Rough Mix)
    Jennings Farm Blues (Rough Mix)
    Key To The Highway/Trouble In Mind (Rough Mix)

2. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

Are you saying you already have all the 2014 non deluxe remasters on LP and CD or do you mean you have previous masterings?

3. Pudding Effect

Pudding Effect Active Member Thread Starter

OK, here's my lot:

LZ1 - LP = MO press. CD = Original atlantic and 2014 (bought solely for the live disc, listened once to the new remaster, too bright)

LZ2 - LP = UK A2/B2 plum. CD = Original atlantic

LZ3 - LP = UK plum (exec producer, 'do what thou wilt'). CD = Original atlantic and 2014 (is it keys to highway on this one? I've forgetten why I even bought it)

LZ4 - No LP, still waiting for a good, playable plum to pop up. CD = Original atlantic and 2014

HOTH - LP = Original UK RL press. CD = Original atlantic. Really can't see why I'd need anything other than these two.

PG - No LP, intend to get a good original copy. They're fairly common place in the UK. CD = Original atlantic fatboy.

Presence - LP = UK original. CD = Original atlantic

ITTOD - LP = UK original strawberry press. CD = Original atlantic

Coda - No LP, I'll buy it if I come across it, not actively searching. CD = Original atlantic.

TSRTS - Original atlantic CD.

BBC Sessions - Got the 2016 BBC sessions on CD. Enjoyed it quite a bit, will probably get the LPs when they come down a bit in price.

HTWWW - DVD-A for the stereo layer. The cd was like being banged on the head repeatedly.

4. Veni Vidi Vici

Veni Vidi Vici Forum Resident

No remasters for you! And no HHWCID or BCOH either, you're missing some real treats.

5. Mark J

Mark J Member

That Royal Orleans is a travesty, worse than the original. I do agree about the 10 Ribs & all, nice instrumental backtrack that could have been a good song. Not sure that makes it a 'must have', but it's a nice piece of piano from JPJ.